Australian-based Tritium has signed an exclusive U.S. contract with ChargePoint, the world’s largest and most open electric vehicle charging network.
ChargePoint will install Tritium’s award-winning DC fast charging stations, the Veefil across the country.
The Veefil fast charging stations have a power output of 50kW and can deliver up to 80 miles or 128 kilometers in just 20 minutes. The Tritium stations are able to charge all cars equipped for DC fast charging, using the included SAE-Combo connector or a CHAdeMO connector. Tesla drivers will be able to use the CHAdeMO connector with an adapter slated to go on sale shortly.
The stations will be installed on major routes across the country and will be part of the ChargePoint network of over 21,000 EV charging stations. ChargePoint recently partnered with Volkswagen and BMW to build express charging corridors on both the east and west coasts of the U.S. The stations will be ChargePoint branded, clearly marked as DC Fast stations and the connectors will be labelled so drivers know which is compatible with their car.
“ChargePoint approached us because it was attracted by both the design and unique technology of the Veefil, plus the fact that it is extremely simple for the EV owner to use,” explains Tritium’s CEO, David Finn. “We were looking for a strong partner in the U.S. which had excellent distribution and an established network throughout the country. I’m excited by the rate and high volume at which ChargePoint will be able to deploy our product into this market and its commitment to establishing a major network of DC fast chargers.”
“These stations can be used by any EV equipped with fast charging and will be installed in convenient locations where drivers need them most,” said Pasquale Romano, ChargePoint CEO. “With access to fast charging stations along major routes, drivers can depend on an EV as their only vehicle.”
• The world’s most-advanced 50 kW DC fast charger for all EVs, supporting CHAdeMO & SAE-Combo standards.
• Delivers up to 80 miles or 128 kilometers in just 20 minutes
• The only liquid-cooled fast charger. Robust charging over a wide range of environmental conditions, including temperature, humidity and corrosive conditions – increasing reliability and reducing maintenance.
• Has the smallest footprint and lowest weight of all 50kW DC EV fast chargers, increasing location options and reducing shipping and installation costs. It fits neatly at the end of a standard parking bay within existing infrastructure.
• Weighs only 165 kg (364lbs). Its polycarbonate and aluminum construction ensures long-term stability of the entire enclosure, leading to lower maintenance costs.