“Explore the all-new 2016 Volt in motion. Every detail has been carefully considered, from its brilliant design to the unrivaled technology throughout. which means whether you are navigating your route to work or your next adventure, day or night, electric or gas, you can expect an innovative drive that allows you to travel 1,000 miles between fill-ups, on average.”
The all-new 2016 Chevrolet Volt will offer 50 miles of EV range, greater efficiency and stronger acceleration. The Volt’s new, efficient propulsion system will offer a General Motors’-estimated total driving range of more than 400 miles and with regular charging, owners are expected to travel more than 1,000 miles on average between gas fill-ups.
2016 Chevrolet Volt highlights:
- New two-motor drive unit is up to 12 percent more efficient and 100 pounds lighter (45 kg) than the first-generation drive unit
• Two-motor design enables 19 percent stronger zero-to-30 mph acceleration
• Battery capacity has increased to 18.4 kWh using 192 cells (96 fewer than current generation) with weight reduced by more than 20 pounds
• Regen on Demand™ feature enables driver control of energy regeneration via a convenient paddle on the back of the steering wheel
• New 1.5L range extender, designed to use regular unleaded fuel, offers a combined GM-estimated fuel efficiency of 41 mpg (EPA estimate pending)
• Stronger body structure and quieter ride
• New braking system with improved capability and blended Regen feel
• New, five-passenger seating with available rear heated seats
• Location-based charging capability
• 120V portable cord set has a simpler, compact design with more convenient storage location
• Available illuminated charge port
The 2016 Chevrolet Volt goes on sale in the second half of 2015.