Mitsubishi Motors UK announced that the on-sale price of the Mitsubishi i-MiEV electric vehicle will be £33,699 including VAT when it will be eligible for a £5000 government grant for electric and plug-in hybrid electric vehicles.
Currently, the price has been set at £38,699 including VAT.
Mitsubishi is highlighting the low running costs of the i-MiEV as a key advantage over other cars, including the fact that 12,000 miles’ worth of electricity costs just £115, the low servicing costs, the fact it is road tax-free and that it is congestion charge-free and attracts no benefit-in-kind company car tax.
“These are exciting times for the motor industry in the UK. This is the biggest change in the automotive industry since it began some one hundred years ago, so to be able to offer our zero emissions car for this price is a truly great achievement. We are aware that, by their very nature, any new technologies always command a premium, which has been true for anything from plasma televisions to cars. Others make price claims and estimations, but we have a real vehicle that is available now and is proven in the real world,” says Lance Bradley, Mitsubishi Motors UK’s Managing Director.
Customers will be able to fully personalize their car from a wide range of environmentally friendly and premium accessories including floor mats made from bio-degradable bamboo fiber; specialist leather seat trims including a monogram service; and a special collection of exterior vehicle designs – from Union Jack Flags to special customer requests.
The European Whole Type Vehicle Approved i-MiEV has been engineered to achieve a target Euro NCAP crash test rating of 4-stars and illustrates that customers do not need to compromise in any area.
– Zero CO2 tailpipe emissions
– Top speed 81 mph
– Range 80 miles (EU combined mode, estimated)
– Seating capacity – 4 adults, plus luggage
– 12-months / 12,500 miles service intervals
– 3-year warranty and pan-European accident and breakdown cover
– Kerb weight – 1,105 KG
– Dimensions – 3,475 (l) x 1,475 (w) x 1,610 (h)
– 47kW AC permanent magnet synchronous motor (max power)
– 1-speed fixed gear
– Front McPherson strut and coil spring suspension
– Rear 3-link de Dion suspension
– Front stabilizer bars
– Front 14″ ventilated disc brakes
– Rear 8″ drum brakes
– 9″ master vac brake boosters
– ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) with EBD (Electronic Brake-force Distribution)
– Brake assist
– ASC (Active Stability Control)
– Brakeforce regeneration
– Lightweight electronic power steering
– On-board recharging system with cable (flat-to-full in 6-hours, 240V 13 A input)
– On-board rapid charging system (flat-to-80 in 30 minutes)
– Energy-saving drive mode (reduces output to 18kW)