The all-new Citroen e-SpaceTourer – 100% electric MPV is now available to order in France. The new e-SpaceTourer is available from €55,900 incl. VAT and will arrive in dealerships in the second half of 2020.
Unveiled in May, the new Citroen e-SpaceTourer – 100% electric offers all the advantages of the internal combustion version in terms of character, modernity, dimensions, spaciousness and equipment. With the electric model, motorists have access to all restricted zones and can drive for longer between charges thanks to the choice of range. It provides greater comfort in particular through its driving pleasure and acoustics.
COMPACT, MODERN AND VERSATILE… A 100% ELECTRIC MPV
SpaceTourer is a compact MPV that allows 6 to 9 people to travel without compromising on comfort, versatility and design. A high-tech model with a strong character, muscular lines and remarkable handling, it represents a modern vision of a segment that has evolved strongly to incorporate high-level vehicle standards.
Its solid design, with fluid lines, without aggressiveness, gives it a presence full of confidence. The SpaceTourer’s style is both energetic and reassuring, its high front end allows it to dominate the road and gives it all its character.
In line with the times and symbolising group freedom of movement, it benefits from Citroen’s expertise in terms of space, practicality and travelling comfort. Based on the EMP2 modular platform, it has an efficient architecture suitable for all uses, offering more on-board space, boot volume and manoeuvrability. Available in a choice of 3 lengths (XS: 4.60 m – M: 4.95 m – XL: 5.30 m), including the XS version which is new to the market, it is the ideal everyday companion for country or town driving. With its height of 1.90 m, it can access car parks easily. Highly functional, it features hands-free sliding side doors, an opening rear window and plenty of storage space.
SpaceTourer offers benchmark driving comfort through dynamic qualities benefiting from Citroen’s styling and careful acoustic treatment. It incorporates useful technologies designed to ensure a high level of safety and ease of use on a daily basis, such as head-up display and 3D connected navigation with Citroen Connect Nav, Active Safety Break, Enhanced Speed Limit Recognition and Automatic Headlight Switching.
A modern and versatile compact MPV, SpaceTourer brings together the expectations of several target customers with a common need: freedom of movement and transport of people. With the all-electric version of SpaceTourer, Citroen is offering a range of efficient conventional engine versions that will satisfy professionals, local authorities and private individuals looking for comfort and responsible, economical driving.
e-SpaceTourer makes no compromise on the qualities of the conventional engine versions and provides an answer suited to each need, inspired by different people’s way of experiencing the car.
e-SpaceTourer – 100% electric is fully in line with Citroen’s “Inspired by You All” electrification strategy, which will see the launch in 2020 of six electrified models, accessible to as many people as possible in a range tailored to each segment.
SPACETOURER QUALITIES SUPERCHARGED
Citroen has designed an e-SpaceTourer that makes life easier. It offers 2 levels of battery range, which makes it unique in the segment and enables it to best meet expected mobility needs. It’s easy to recharge – whether from a household socket at home or in the workplace, Wallbox rapid charging or super-fast at a public terminal.
The connected services are useful for the driver to manage its journeys better. Finally, it is easy and pleasant to drive, ultra-comfortable, without any compromise compared to the conventional engine version.
Built on Groupe PSA’s EMP2 multi-energy platform, e-SpaceTourer – 100% electric is offered with two battery powers giving two levels of operating range, allowing every customer to select the one that best suits their activity in terms of their usage and budget.
– 230 km (143 km) on the WLTP cycle with a 50 kWh battery, consisting of 18 modules (available on XS, M and XL body shapes.)
– 330 km (187 miles) on the WLTP cycle with a 75 kWh battery, consisting of 27 modules (available on M and XL body shapes.).
BEST IN CLASS – With its two range options, e-SpaceTourer is the best in its segment and perfectly meets the expectations of the market.
New e-SpaceTourer is fitted with a lithium-ion battery, the most mature technology on the market. The EMP2 platform allows the battery to be fitted under the floor, thus preserving the SpaceTourer’s spaciousness and practicality. The battery stores and supplies the energy required for operation of the electric motor, heating and air-conditioning. Its charge level is shown by a gauge and a reserve warning light on the instrument unit.
The traction battery is guaranteed for 8 years or 160,000 km for 70% of its charging capacity (with a capacity certificate at each overhaul).
The electric motor drives the vehicle according to the drive-mode selected and driving conditions. It provides a smooth and pleasant drive, without the need to change gears, with immediately available torque, and of course without CO2 emissions.
– Its maximum power is 100 kW (136 hp)/maximum torque 260 Nm;
– Maximum speed 130 km/h (80 mph) in all drive modes (Eco, Normal, Power);
– 3-mode selector
– Normal – 80 kW/210 Nm: allows the best compromise between range and dynamic performance
– Eco – 60 kW/190 Nm: optimises energy consumption by reducing heating and air-conditioning output without disabling them and by limiting motor torque and power
– Power – 100 kW/260 Nm provides performance with the maximum number of persons en board.
The engine recovers energy under braking or during deceleration of the vehicle. Two energy recovery modes under braking are available: Standard for a feel close to that of a conventional engine vehicle, Enhanced for increased deceleration when releasing the accelerator pedal. This latter mode is accessible via the Brake button on the gearbox control.
There are three charging modes available. The charging port is positioned on the left-hand front wing of e-SpaceTourer, and charging is carried out in Park mode. Two types of on-board chargers are available, to better adapt to customer use and recharging solutions: a 7.4 kW single-phase charger as standard and an optional 11 kW three-phase charger.
– Domestic charging (home – workplace – car park)
– Compatible with a standard 8A socket (standard in France),
– Compatible with a high-power 16A socket (optional box + Green’Up socket),
– Private or public rapid charging with installation of a Wallbox rapid-charging box
– 32A single-phase Wallbox
– 16A three-phase Wallbox
– Super-fast charging at a public terminal
Using the My Citroen application, the user can manage battery charging and:
– See how charging is progressing,
– Programme delayed charging using a smartphone or tablet on the My Citroen application or on the vehicle’s touch-screen, via connected navigation in the “Energy” menu. This operation is only available for home (mode 2) or rapid (mode 3) charging. Delayed charging can be altered at any time. Once programmed, it remains only to plug in the vehicle and press the button located inside the vehicle charging port.