For 2020, Nissan has improved the LEAF with added safety and convenience features including standard Nissan Safety Shield 360 technology. Nissan LEAF S and SV also feature a new 8-inch color touchscreen display, which was previously available on LEAF PLUS. All models are on sale now at Nissan dealerships nationwide.
The 2020 Nissan LEAF also comes with a new sound – the car’s two pedestrian safety sounds receive updates in tone and volume. For the U.S. market, LEAF makes a constant tone (known as “Canto,” derived from the Latin verb for “I sing”) for forward movement under 18.6 mph and a pulsing chime when reversing.
Pricing for the enhanced 2020 Nissan LEAF starts at $31,600 for the LEAF S (40kWh battery, up to 149-mile range, 147 horsepower). The 2020 Nissan LEAF PLUS S (62 kWh battery, up to 226-mile range, 214 horsepower) has an MSRP of $34,190.
Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Prices for the 2020 Nissan LEAF and LEAF PLUS are:
|LEAF S||40 kWh||$31,600 USD|
|LEAF SV||40 kWh||$34,190 USD|
|LEAF S PLUS||62 kWh||$38,200 USD|
|LEAF SV PLUS||62 kWh||$39,750 USD|
|LEAF SL PLUS||62 kWh||$43,900 USD|
Destination and Handling $925 USD
Key 2020 LEAF additions include:
- Nissan Safety Shield 360 standard on all models: Automatic Emergency Braking with Pedestrian Detection, Rear Automatic Braking, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, Blind Spot Warning Lane Departure Warning and High Beam Assist
- Additional standard features on all models include Intelligent Forward Collision Warning, Intelligent Lane Intervention and Blind Spot Intervention
- Standard 8-inch color touchscreen display on all 40 kWh LEAF grades
- Standard Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ across entire LEAF lineup
- Driver and front passenger knee supplemental air bags, rear seat-mounted outboard side-impact supplemental air bags added to all models
- Intelligent Around View® Monitor and Intelligent Driver Alertness added to SV Technology Package
- An all-new premium exterior color, Sunset Drift ChromaFlair® (late availability)
- Updated tone and volume of “Canto” pedestrian safety sounds
All 2020 LEAF models offer dynamic design features, starting with a streamlined silhouette, which maximizes aerodynamic efficiency. The car’s bold fascia features Nissan’s signature V-Motion grille with blue 3D mesh. The car’s sleek profile gives it a sporty look, while the rear features a distinctive tail light design.
Every LEAF also boasts a spacious, highly functional interior with a quality, high-tech feel. The roomy, open cabin is highlighted by the brand’s “Gliding Wing” design language. The cabin’s interior dimensions comfortably accommodate five people and includes a 60/40 split fold-down rear seat for added flexibility. The rear cargo area is designed to provide ample luggage space, offering 23.6 cubic feet of available stowage. It also allows for easy charging cable storage.
Available advanced technologies include standard ePedal and Rear Door Alert, along with available NissanConnect® with Nissan Door to Door Navigation and Services, and NissanConnect® EV (telematics), allowing for remote connection to the vehicle (from compatible smartphones and smart watches, as well as Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant).
Every 2020 Nissan LEAF is offered with a limited warranty covering defects in materials or workmanship for eight years or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first, for the lithium-ion battery pack. Nissan also provides a limited warranty against battery capacity loss below nine bars of capacity as shown on the vehicle’s battery capacity level gauge for the first eight years or 100,000 miles for all models.
Nissan LEAF remains the best-selling electric vehicle of all time, with more than 440,000 global sales.