ClipperCreek, a leading manufacturer of residential and commercial electric vehicle supply equipment (EVSE), announced its new dual EV charging station solution, the HCS-D40.
The HCS-D40 is a 32 Amp, level 2 hardwired station that installs onto a single dedicated 40A circuit and can charge two vehicles simultaneously. The HCS-D40 automatically splits power between two vehicles based on the vehicles’ requests for power, with up to 16 Amps of electricity each when both are charging and up to 32 Amps when one vehicle is charging.
The HCS-D40 comes with ClipperCreek’s best value product features including 25 foot charging cables, a rugged, fully sealed NEMA 4 enclosure and is backed by ClipperCreek’s best in class 3-year warranty and outstanding customer support. The HCS-D40 dual charging station is available for $1,349 from ClipperCreek.
The HCS-D40 comes ready for wall mount installation, or can be mounted on one of several free-standing pedestal options. Up to four HCS-D40 charging stations can be mounted on a pedestal, allowing the charging of up to 8 vehicles per pedestal. “This dual station saves valuable space and electrical capacity for parking facilities, while also offering a necessary amenity as EV adoption surges. Experts predict there will be more than 4.3M electric vehicles on the road in the next three years and a recent survey from AAA found that 1 in 5 Americans want their next car to be electric,” said Erik Mason, a Manufacturer’s Representative for ClipperCreek.
Jason France, President and Founder of ClipperCreek remarked, “We continue to develop products that reflect our commitment to advancing electric vehicles and also bring the greatest value to our customers. The dual station gives property owners an opportunity to offer double the number of charging spaces they would otherwise be able to support, and does so affordably.”
To celebrate the launch of the HCS-D40 ClipperCreek is offering a new “Trade-UP” program. For a limited time, consumers who purchase the HCS Dual charging station can sell their functioning used HCS-40, HCS-40P, HCS-40R, or HCS-40PR back to ClipperCreek for $250. The new HCS-D40 mounts to the same bolt pattern and utilizes the same service, making the upgrade both easy and affordable. Complete terms and conditions can be found at clippercreek.com/trade-up.
“The HCS-D40 is a great value and an exciting product offering at the right time for the industry because it allows sites to double the number of charging spots without electrical infrastructure upgrades. The HCS-D40 will provide value at any location where more charging is needed. Combining the HCS-D40 launch with the HCS-40 Trade-UP program allows existing HCS-40 customers to swap out their original station for a dual station at a significant savings, and use the same circuit. We think this is a great solution for many commercial and residential customers,” said Will Barrett, ClipperCreek Director of Sales.
Features of the HCS-D40 include:
- 7kW of power to charge two electric vehicles quickly
- 32 Amp hardwired station that installs onto a single dedicated 40A circuit
- Charges two vehicles simultaneously, automatically splitting power with up to 16 Amps of electricity each when both are charging and up to 32 Amps when one vehicle is charging
- Fully sealed NEMA 4 station enclosure for indoor or outdoor installation
- Operating temperatures: -22°F to 122°F (-30°C to 50°C)
- Integrated cable wrap making storing the cables simple and convenient
- Optional Cable Cradle offered for flexible cable management for just $19
- Two 25 foot charging cables for installation flexibility and superior vehicle reach
- Two SAE-J1772 universal connectors, suitable for charging any electric vehicle in the US
- Connectors accommodate a specially sized padlock for security (padlocks included)
- Two SAE-J1772 connector holsters included
- 3-year warranty and support from the outstanding ClipperCreek customer service team
- No assembly required
- Made in America
Amanda Lance, ClipperCreek’s Inside Sales Manager, helped develop the Trade-UP program and says she’s proud of the accomplishment. “This is a tremendous value for our customers and also supports ClipperCreek’s reduce/re-use/recycle initiative. I think there will be a lot of happy ClipperCreek customers who will take advantage of this offer, especially since the HCS-D40 installs into the same physical foot print and supply circuit as their original HCS-40.”