ClipperCreek unveiled the Share2 enabled HCS-40, allowing two electric vehicle charging stations to share power from one branch circuit.
Share2 is an option for the Level 2, 240V ClipperCreek HCS-40 product line. A bundle of two stations enabled with the Share2 is priced starting at $1498.
The Share2 is an inexpensive solution for any location looking for an easy way to double the number of charge points without running additional 240V circuits.
Upgrading power so that each station has its own circuit can be cost prohibitive. Share2 allows charging station owners to install two 32A, Level 2 charging stations on one 40A circuit. The stations will offer full power if one vehicle is requesting a charge and automatically splits the power if a second vehicle requests a charge at the same time. When one of the vehicles completes charging, the other station reverts to full power for the second vehicle.
Features of the Share2 enabled HCS-40 include:
- Maximizes infrastructure investment by turning one charging spot into two
- Full power charging for one vehicle, split power charging for two vehicles
- Power sharing from a single circuit between two charging stations
- ChargeGuard key-based access control option available
- Ruggedized option available
- Integrated cable wrap making storing the cable simple and convenient
- Next generation SAE-J1772 connector with optional padlock feature
- 25 foot charging cable to reach multiple parking spaces
- Three year warranty
- ClipperCreek customers are supported by an exceptional customer service team
- Made in America