Joining Volkswagen’s extensive Golf family of versatile, sporty hatchbacks, the 2015 Volkswagen e-Golf starts at $35,445 (plus $820 destination and delivery) for the SEL Premium model.
Built on the Golf’s sporty Modular Transverse Matrix (MQB) platform, and powered by a compact electric motor and lithium-ion battery (built in-house at Volkswagen’s Braunschweig facility), the 2015 e-Golf follows the Golf’s “fun-to-drive, yet practical” formula, with all of the benefits of an electric vehicle.
Additionally, Volkswagen is further improving the ownership experience with a groundbreaking and holistic approach to e-Mobility. Volkswagen has announced a collaboration with 3Degrees, a renewable energy services provider, to invest in carbon reduction projects to help offset the emissions created from production, distribution and charging of the 2015 e-Golf for up to approximately 36,000 miles of driving.
Charging solutions from Bosch and Chargepoint, along with a new Roadside Assistance program and the VW Car-Net e-Golf app are designed to make owning the e-Golf a thoroughly reassuring, rewarding and enjoyable experience.
The key features, benefits and standard equipment of the e-Golf are:
– Combined Charging System (CCS) that allows 80 percent battery charge within 30 minutes
– Standard 7.2kW onboard charger
– Average range between 70 and 90 miles, depending on driving style and charging behavior
– Class-leading 199 lb-ft of torque, with 115 horsepower
– Largest interior space in a compact EV—an impressive 93.5 cubic feet, same volume as Golf
– Versatile cargo area, with 22.8 cubic feet of space behind the rear seats; 52.7 cubic feet with seats folded
– Three driving profiles designed to preserve energy (“Normal”, “Eco”, and “Eco+”)
– Three driver-selectable regenerative braking levels
– 5.8-inch touchscreen navigation system and infotainment center
– Bluetooth technology
– SiriusXM Satellite Radio
– Automatic Post-Collision Braking system
– Leather-wrapped multifunction steering wheel
– Dual-zone automatic climate control
– LED headlights
– Bespoke 16-inch aluminum-alloy wheels
– Keyless access
– Heatable front seats
– Rearview camera; and front and rear Park Distance Control
The 2015 e-Golf will go on sale in participating dealerships in select states in November 2014.[wzslider height=”400″ lightbox=”true”]