Mahindra Reva Electric Vehicles and Vodafone Business Services (VBS), the enterprise arm of Vodafone India, announced a machine-to-machine (M2M) communication partnership, the first of its kind in India.
The partnership will enable Vodafone to provide Machine-to-Machine communication services to power the recently launched electric vehicle, Mahindra e2o.
The Mahindra e2o which has just been launched in India is a truly ‘connected car’ and is among a select few in the world to support telematics.
Using their smart phones or any internet connected computer, e2o owners can, with Vodafone’s connectivity, access the following services:
– Know the state of charge in the battery of their car and how far they can travel with the available charge
– Remotely control its air-conditioning and set schedules to pre-heat or pre-cool the car before they use it
– Lock or unlock the car doors
– Find the nearest charging stations
– Receive alerts on various events with the car such as a disruption in charging due to power cuts, safety related reminders such as a door being left unlocked or a parking brake not applied.
– Get an emergency boost charge with a command on the smart phone to go an extra 8-10 km
– Have the Mahindra Reva Tech Help Desk remotely do prognosis and diagnostics of the car
Mahindra e2o uses Vodafone’s M2M services for this connectivity and provides a holistic and cutting edge experience including many other useful and innovative features.
This partnership between Mahindra Reva and VBS is the first and only one of its kind in India where a telecom service provider and an automaker have joined hands to usher in this completely new and futuristic technology into the Indian market.
Vodafone’s machine-to-machine communication technologies enable secure connectivity between the vehicle and central application powered by a best in class machine to machine service platform.
‘Connected Car’ technologies are at the frontier of innovation and the confluence of automotive, infotainment and communications technologies. Mahindra Reva has developed a host of groundbreaking connectivity technologies in the e2o enabling owners to remotely access various features and functions of their vehicle using a smartphone app or from a dedicated webpage. Further with the patented REVive® technology there are no more range anxieties. REVive® is the first of its kind remote emergency charge activated through the smart phone app or a call to RIA (Remote Interactive Assist). In the rare event of running low on charge, customers can use the app on their smart phones to remotely activate the reserve energy that can get them going again.