Electrify Home announced that its fastest to-date Level 2 home charger, HomeStation, is now on sale for $649 with free shipping and returns within the 48 contiguous states.
Charging at home is more convenient than ever with HomeStation, with its adjustable charging power, WiFi capabilities and features to help save on energy costs.
HomeStation’s flexibility and versatility allow new owners to install the home charger themselves or choose from installation packages offered by a third-party service provider through the Electrify Home webstore.
HomeStation customers will be able to rely on the Electrify America app for all their home and public charging needs. The HomeStation’s WiFi capabilities let users sync their product with the app – which can then be used to start and stop home charging sessions remotely, schedule future home charging sessions, and view charging status and reminders. Switching back and forth between Electrify America’s public network of more than 2,600 DC fast chargers and the Level 2 HomeStation unit is a breeze, helping users keep track of all their charging history in one app.
And coming soon, HomeStation will also allow for integration with Amazon’s Alexa, so customers can have the added convenience to use a voice assistant to communicate easily with the HomeStation.
Faster Charging Speeds
Backed by the nation’s largest public ultra-fast charging network, the HomeStation is the brand’s fastest home charger yet. With 9.6kW of available power at 40 amps, the HomeStation can charge 6.8x faster than a Level 1 charger. This means capable vehicles can add up to 33 miles of range per hour while charging on the HomeStation.
Cost Saving Options
The versatility of the HomeStation provides for flexible installation options that can save users money in the long run. During installation, and with input from a licensed and qualified electrician, the amperage can be configured to deliver either 40, 32 or 16 amps to help avoid potentially expensive upgrades to the home’s electrical panel. In addition, the ability to schedule charging through the Electrify America mobile app may allow users to take advantage of lower energy costs during off-peak hours, where such utility rates are available.
Highlighted HomeStation Features:
- Sleek New Design: HomeStation was styled by world renowned design and engineering firm Italdesign, and features a slim black silhouette that lights up blue while actively charging, and green to indicate readiness of use.
- Ease of Use: The Level 2 charger can be installed indoors or outdoors, and includes a 24-foot charging cable to allow users to easily reach their EV for charging.
- Flexible Installation: The supply power requirements are compatible with the 240-volt outlets found in most households. The HomeStation can be plugged in using a NEMA 14-50 style plug or hardwired by a licensed and qualified electrician.
- Tiered Installation Pricing: Customers choosing to have a professional electrician install their new Level 2 charger can choose among three different installation packages offered by a third-party service provider to select the one that best fits their installation needs. Custom installation services are also available via this provider. Installation packages begin at $695.
- Adjustable Power: To help limit installation costs and possibly prevent panel upgrades, the charger’s maximum output can be configured during installation for 40 amps, 32 amps, or 16 amps to fit almost any home electrical panel rating. Desired output can be designated via the mobile app and with the input of a licensed and qualified electrician.
- Customer Support: HomeStation includes a 3-year limited warranty on parts and 24-hour customer service via a dedicated Level 2 charging telephone number.
Electrify Home – introduced by Electrify America as a dedicated home charging business unit – underscores the company’s commitment to empowering a seamless and independent lifestyle for EV drivers.