Bollinger Motors announces plans to produce and sell the all-electric B2 Chassis Cab. The Bollinger B2 Chassis Cab is the world’s first and only Class 3 all-electric chassis-cab truck platform, and it offers unlimited work truck variants.
“The Bollinger B2 Chassis Cab’s unique features – including the 5,000-lb. payload and large energy source to power tools – make it perfect for businesses, small and large,” says CEO Robert Bollinger. “Commercial fleets will be able to reduce their overall cost of operation while buying a truck designed, engineered, and built in the USA. The B2CC is an ideal option for municipalities, parks services, emergency response vehicles, airports, construction, landscaping, electricians, plumbers, security, non-tactical military, and more.”
The Bollinger B2 Chassis Cab will be built on the patent-pending Bollinger Motors E-Chassis all-wheel drive base that underpins the Bollinger B1 Sport Utility Truck and the B2 Pickup. It will be available in both 2-door and 4-door cabs and on multiple wheelbase lengths.
Features of the patent-pending Bollinger B2 Chassis Cab include:
– Two-door or Four-door cab
– Various wheelbase lengths, based on desired customization
– Patent-pending passthrough for storage of long items
– 120 kWh battery pack
– All-wheel drivetrain
– All-terrain capabilities
– Dual motor
– Portal gear hubs
– 5,000 lb. payload
– Ultra-low center of gravity
– Hydraulic anti-lock power brakes (ABS)
– Electronic traction control
– Electronic stability control
– Hydraulic power steering
– Hydro-pneumatic self-leveling suspension
– Independent front and rear suspension
– 10kw on-board charger/inverter
– Complete power system controls, configurable to given vehicle application
– Integrated thermal-management system
The Bollinger B2 Chassis Cab will be made available to commercial outfitters in late 2021 in both full cab and cutaway-cab variants.
Bollinger Motors filed the provisional patent application for all-electric Class 3 vehicles on November 18, 2019.