Bollinger Motors has unveiled its patent-pending E-Chassis. The patent-pending E-Chassis is the world’s first and only Class 3 electric platform – and it was designed with commercial applications and versatility in mind.
“When we first built our Class 3 B1, we knew there was a commercial aspect to the platform,” says CEO Robert Bollinger. “Not only cab-on-chassis, but entirely new truck bodies can fit on our E-Chassis, and help propel the world to all-electric that much faster.”
Features of the patent-pending Bollinger Motors E-Chassis include:
– 120 kWh battery pack
– 180 kWh battery pack optional
– All-wheel drive
– All-terrain capabilities
– Dual motor
– Portal gear hubs
– 5000-lb. payload
– Ultra-low center of gravity
– Easily adjustable to fit various wheelbases
– Hydraulic anti-lock power brakes (ABS)
– Electronic traction control
– Electronic stability control
– Hydraulic power steering
– Hydro-pneumatic self-leveling suspension
– Independent front and rear suspension
– 5-15 kw on-board charger/inverter
– Complete power system controls, configurable to given vehicle application
– Integrated thermal-management system
– Meets Class 3 regulations
The fully customizable E-Chassis is a performance powerhouse that can be configured for a variety of uses, including front- or rear-wheel drive configurations, with or without portal gear hubs, and up to 180 kWh battery pack for longer range requirements.
The E-Chassis will be manufactured alongside the B1 and B2 trucks and made available for commercial use in 2021.
The flexibility of the E-Chassis is another competitive advantage within the growing portfolio of intellectual property owned by Bollinger Motors.
Bollinger Motors filed the provisional patent application on November 18, 2019. The patent application number is 62936929