It’s time for the Fully Charged to review the Sono Motors Sion solar-powered electric car.
The video was shot last summer. The prototype from the video shows the development status of about 2 years ago.
When we heard Sono Motors was going to be in the Netherlands, we jumped at the chance of seeing this German company and their groundbreaking solar panel covered Sion. And Jonny got a test drive.
Sono Motors Sion spec:
– The FWD motor developed and supplied by Continental
– The connectivity module supplied by BOSCH, which enables carSharing and rideSharing
– The battery (35 kWh, liquid cooled) produced in Germany by ElringKlinger
– The Sion has a range of 250 km or 155 miles (255 km WLTP/ 320 km NEDC)
– Sono Motors uses highly efficient, monocrystalline silicon cells for the solar modules. A total of 330 cells can generate a maximum power of 1,204 watts with 24 percent efficiency. This results in up to 30 km (18.6 miles) additional range through the sun. Perfect for commuters!
The price of the Sion is 16.000€ without battery. Battery included 25.500€. Battery rental or leasing possible.
Check Sono Motors’ website to see the current status and facts.