Bosch has introduced the Power Max 2 and Power Max 2Plus, its newest 240-volt, Level 2 electric vehicle charging stations.
The new stations will offer 30-amp, 7.2kW and 40-amp, 9.6kW configurations for faster EV charging and use the SAE J1772 standard connector, found on most EVs sold in North America.
Building on the popularity of the original Power Max, the Power Max 2 is sleeker and more compact. It offers higher output power and is designed to minimize installation costs. The Power Max 2Plus additionally features Wi-Fi connectivity to accommodate a variety of control and monitoring applications.
In addition to being a more powerful and compact charging station, the Power Max 2 and Power Max 2Plus feature:
– Hard-wired of plug-in installation configurations
– USB data storage, power metering and Wi-Fi connectivity on Power Max 2Plus
– Hard-wired or plug-in installation configurations
– Front access to station electronics for easier, faster installation
– LEDs indicating charging status and station power
– On/off switch for zero energy consumption
– Thermal monitoring at station wall plug
– Generous 18- or 25-foot cable lengths
– Weather-resistant NEMA 3R rating for outdoor installation
The new Bosch Power Max 2 and Power Max 2Plus are now on sale, with pricing starting at $674 for the four variants:
– Power Max 2 30A/18-foot cable;
– Power Max 2 40A/18-foot cable;
– Power Max 2 40A/25-foot cable; and
– Power Max 2Plus 40A/25-foot cable.