Bosch Automotive Service Solutions, a supplier of technology and services, introduces Power Max, the automotive industry’s first Electric Vehicle (EV) charging station with a price point of less than $450.
The Power Max will retail for roughly half the cost of current EV charging stations, offering 240V charging, and reducing charging time by half while helping customers reduce their need for fossil fuels.
Leveraging expertise gained in household appliances and automotive solutions, the Bosch Power Max is UL-certified in both the United States and Canada, and is designed to safely and efficiently charge electric vehicles.
Bosch Automotive Service Solutions, formerly SPX Service Solutions, has provided more than 16,000 EV charging stations and performed more than 6,000 installations, including the SPX Power Xpress, tested by a national laboratory as the most efficient charging station on the market.
Designed to work with all electric vehicles, Power Max features focus on driver and vehicle safety and convenience, including:
– No-touch operation, making charging as simple as plugging the vehicle in and walking away
– NEMA 3R enclosure for both indoor and outdoor applications
– Standard safety features including a cord breakaway system and non-live current wire
– Visible LED indicator, indicating charging state
– Hardwired on/off switch to completely shut off power to the unit and ensure no power is consumed
– Available in 16 Amp or 30 Amp configurations with cord length up to 25 feet
Bosch is now taking advance orders for the Power Max. The Power Max will begin shipping in early June, with initial customers receiving their charging station in late June to early July.
Bosch also offers professional guidance for customers purchasing a Power Max or other EV charging station. Trained Vehicle Charging Advisors walk customers through a free on-site estimate, installation, inspection and ongoing support, including finding money-saving rebates offered by utility companies, government or vehicle manufacturers. Bosch installation services include a 3-year limited product warranty, all permitting and many times filing rebate paperwork.