The 2013 Ford Fusion Energi offers the most complete array of advanced connectivity and driver assist features of any mainstream sedan. The Fusion Energi plug-in hybrid includes standard SYNC® with MyFord Touch®and compatibility with the MyFord® Mobile smartphone app.
The award-winning SYNC connectivity system, available on all Ford Motor Company vehicles enables drivers to connect their phones, tablets and digital media players via Bluetooth® or USB for hands-free calling and media playback using simple voice commands. SYNC with SYNC Services offers a range of services powered by the mobile data connection drivers already have. These services include Traffic, Directions and Information, Vehicle Health Report, 911 Assist and more.
All Ford plug-in vehicles, including Fusion Energi, C-MAX Energi and Focus Electric, feature the MyFord Mobile app that helps give owners the ability to use any connected mobile phone with a data plan or computer with Internet access when not operating a vehicle to:
• Find current and projected state of charge information including estimated range and the amount of charge time necessary for additional travel distances
• Program vehicle charging with utility input, allowing the car to start charging immediately or when electricity prices are lowest with the value charging feature, powered by Microsoft
• Using features powered by MapQuest®:
– Locate charging stations and get the destination sent to the vehicle
– Know if the vehicle can reach a specific charge station from its current location with the current charge level
– Create a journey with multiple stops, and determine the likelihood the car has adequate charge for the full journey
– Find the car by creating a route from a mobile phone to the vehicle
• Receive alerts if the vehicle isn’t charging when it’s scheduled to, or if charging stops unexpectedly due to a power outage, plug removal or other event
• Receive alerts during recharge when the vehicle has reached a particular preset charge level or has the ability to reach a particular destination
• Engage remote vehicle preconditioning, using grid power to heat or cool the battery and vehicle interior
• Remotely lock/unlock doors
• Use the built-in GPS system to locate the car
• Download performance and system data
• Earn various achievements for driving and ownership milestones that can then be posted to your Facebook or Twitter account
• Fun ways of understanding your driver behavior, with ratings from “Zen” to “zippy”
• Receive information personalized, depending on which key used
The MyFord Mobile app is available for Apple iOS and Google Android.