Xatori Inc., creators of PlugShare, is determined to satisfy electric car driver needs with a new iOS app that displays car’s remaining charge, but also its current range, the local energy price, a log of its usage, and cost and carbon reduction versus driving a gasoline vehicle.
GreenCharge app is available for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch devices for $9.99 – the average cost of charging an electric car for a week.
GreenCharge is a must-have utility for electric car owners and those considering one.
The app provides real time charging information by syncing directly with a compatible electric vehicle such as a Nissan LEAF or Chevrolet Volt. In addition, GreenCharge is the first and only app to connect driving data with local energy pricing to give personalized data about the cost of operating an electric car.
Electric car owners can also see the environmental impact of driving in terms of carbon offset. By providing this information, GreenCharge empowers EV owners and enthusiasts alike to better understand and communicate the advantages of electric vehicles.
With the GreenCharge app, users can:
– Seamlessly sync data from their Nissan LEAF or Chevrolet Volt
– Test out a demonstration vehicle to simulate driving and cost information if considering purchasing an electric car
– Get real time charging, battery, and range information for their electric cars
– See their daily, weekly, and monthly driving broken down by mileage and price
– Share their daily, weekly, and monthly driving information on Twitter and Facebook, or via email
– See how many pounds of CO2 emissions they have offset by driving an electric vehicle instead of a gasoline vehicle
– Compare savings from their electric vehicle to a traditional gasoline vehicle
For more information visit greenchargeapp.com.