Lucid Group announced today it has begun customer deliveries of Lucid Air Grand Touring and that it will introduce a new version of Lucid Air, the Lucid Air Grand Touring Performance.
The Lucid Air Grand Touring will soon be joined by an exciting new version of the Air: the Lucid Air Grand Touring Performance. With 1,050 horsepower, the dual-motor Lucid Air Grand Touring Performance is the most powerful electric vehicle currently available in North America – and with an EPA-estimated driving range of 446 miles, still more than any other brands’ electric vehicles, it doesn’t compromise.
Two of Lucid’s proprietary electric motors – one at each axle – propel the Air Grand Touring Performance from 0 to 60 miles per hour in just 2.6 seconds. It will have an MSRP of $179,000 and customer deliveries in the U.S. are slated to begin in June 2022. In Canada, the Air Grand Touring Performance will be priced at $242,000 CAD (before taxes), with deliveries beginning in August 2022.
“Lucid Air Grand Touring Performance answers the strong demand we continue to see for higher-performance versions of the Lucid Air,” said Peter Rawlinson, CEO and CTO, Lucid Group. “The remarkable speed with which we are able to conceive and bring this model to market is possible only because of Lucid’s high degree of vertical integration and in-house production of our proprietary EV powertrain and battery pack technology.”
The retail launch of the Lucid Air Grand Touring model range signifies a major milestone in Lucid’s growth, as it is the first production series to be introduced following the sold-out Lucid Air Dream Edition, limited to 520 units.
“Lucid Air Grand Touring epitomizes the promise of the Lucid brand – a triumvirate of industry-leading range and efficiency, stellar driving dynamics, and luxurious interior space,” said Peter Rawlinson, CEO and CTO, Lucid Group. “This unparalleled fusion of attributes is the product of Lucid’s groundbreaking in-house technology, exemplified by our miniaturized drive units with unrivaled power density and race-proven 900V+ battery and power architecture.”
Both the Air Grand Touring and the Air Grand Touring Performance are fully equipped to deliver a world-class experience for drivers and passengers.
Standard equipment for both models includes:
– Glass Canopy spanning windshield to roof
– Elegant and intuitive Lucid UX with 34-inch floating Glass Cockpit and 5K resolution
– Extensive over-the-air software update capability
– DreamDrive Pro, Lucid’s advanced driver assistance system, with 30+ features and future-ready hardware including the first automotive LIDAR in North America
– 21-speaker Surreal Sound immersive audio system with Dolby Atmos compatibility
– Intelligent Micro Lens Array LED Headlights, a solid-state system developed in-house by Lucid
– Heated and ventilated front seats with massage
– Soft-close doors, power opening/closing trunk and frunk
– Ultra-fast 900V+ charging system, enabling users to add up to 300 miles in 21 minutes at a 350 kW DC fast charger, as demonstrated in recent independent media tests
The Air Grand Touring and Grand Touring Performance are offered in a palette of carefully curated exterior colors: Stellar White, Infinite Black, Cosmos Silver, Quantum Grey, and Zenith Red.
Both Grand Touring versions come standard with 21-inch wheels and Pirelli tires specially developed for Lucid. The Grand Touring Performance features a new wheel design for Lucid, a 21-inch Aero Sport wheel. The Air Grand Touring is also available with 19-inch Aero range wheels with all-season tires.
The new Air Grand Touring Performance beats the highest-performing Tesla in most ways, but not in acceleration. Tesla’s Model S Plaid launched last year with 1,020-horsepower, EPA-estimated range of 396 miles, a starting price just over $130,000 — and a claimed zero to 60 time of 1.99 seconds.