More than 20,000 customers have already ordered an EQA since February. Now two new members are joining the model family of the all-electric compact SUV: the EQA 300 4MATIC with 168 kW and the EQA 350 4MATIC with 215 kW round off the line-up at the top; the ranges according to NEDC are 493 kilometres, according to WLTP 400-426 and 409-432 kilometres. The two all-wheel-drive models can be ordered now. Later in the year, a version with particularly long range will follow.
The EQA represents the gateway into the all-electric vehicle world of Mercedes-EQ. Following the already successfully launched EQA 250 (combined power consumption: 15.7 kWh/100 km; combined CO2 emissions: 0 g/km)1 with 140 kW and front-wheel drive, two powerful and efficient all-wheel-drive models can now be ordered in the form of the EQA 300 4MATIC and EQA 350 4MATIC. Prices start at 53,538.10 and 56,215.60 euros]. Mercedes-Benz Bank offers attractive financing and leasing terms for both private and business customers.
Mercedes-Benz and the federal government are supporting the switch to electric mobility in Germany: due to a net list price of less than 65,000 euros for these two EQAs, an environmental bonus of 5000 euros from the German government supplemented by 2500 euros from Mercedes-Benz is possible. The effective prices, taking into account both the manufacturer’s and the federal government’s shares, are then 45,443.10 and 48,515.60 euros respectively.
The EQA comes with one year of Mercedes me Charge included. European Mercedes me Charge customers will enjoy Green Charging at all public charging points during this period at no extra charge. Customers of both all-wheel-drive variants can also use IONITY’s European fast-charging network for one year from activation at the special price of 0.29 cents per kWh. For the EQA 250, this can be added as part of the Business Package.
In addition, Mercedes-EQ offers customers in Germany the attractive eFlexibility+ Package. The package comprises:
– A voucher for 300 euros, redeemable at Mercedes-Benz Rent – for a holiday vehicle or a vehicle to use when moving home, for example
– A free SHARE NOW Pass50 for one month: this reduces the price per minute of the car sharing service by half.
– The Mercedes Credit Card electric edition free of charge in the first year. The credit card includes benefits such as a twelve-month warranty extension for the wallbox, discounts in the Mercedes-Benz online shop or in the online shop of the Mercedes-Benz Used Parts Centre and preferential terms at major car rental partners.
The extensive range of standard equipment for the EQA 300 4MATIC and EQA 350 4MATIC also includes LED High Performance headlamps with Adaptive Highbeam Assist, EASY-PACK tailgate with electric opening and closing, 18-inch light-alloy wheels, ambient lighting with 64 colours, double cup holder, luxury seats with four-way adjustable lumbar support, reversing camera for greater overview and convenience when manoeuvring, and a multifunction sports steering wheel in leather. Also included as standard are the intuitively operated MBUX (Mercedes-Benz User Experience) infotainment system and the Navigation with Electric Intelligence system.
Practical equipment packages
Mercedes has significantly reduced the complexity of the product logic for the EQA. Instead of having to decide between over 100 individual options, customers have a choice of three pre-configured packages with a practical orientation:
– The Advanced Package (2570.40 euros, included in the Edition 1) adds a series of comfort and safety features to the standard specification of the EQA. In the interior, two 10.25-inch displays merge to form a Widescreen Cockpit. The driver is supported by Blind Spot Assist, the Mirror Package and the Parking Package with reversing camera.
– The Advanced Plus Package (3677.10 euros, in conjunction with the Edition 1 model: 1106.70 euros) builds on the Advanced Package and further enhances comfort. It includes the KEYLESS-GO Convenience Package, THERMOTRONIC two-zone automatic climate control, an audio system delivering impressive sound and wireless smartphone charging.
– The Premium Package (5557.30 euros, in conjunction with the Edition 1 model: 2986.90 euros) enhances the scope of the Advanced and Advanced Plus Packages by the addition of a panoramic sliding sunroof, the Burmester® surround sound system and the Parking Package with 360° camera.
The EQA is available as an option in the Electric Art variant (940.10 euros) specific to Mercedes-EQ. Highlights of colour in sophisticated rosé gold adorn the upholstery and the air vents, while the trim element is back-lit. The equipment line also includes special 18-inch light-alloy wheels.
Efficient electric powertrain
An asynchronous motor is used at the front axle. The electric motor, a fixed-ratio transmission with differential, the cooling system and the power electronics form a highly integrated, very compact unit – the electric powertrain (eATS).
In addition, the EQA 300 4MATIC and EQA 350 4MATIC have an electric powertrain at the rear axle with a newly developed permanently excited synchronous motor. It is extremely compact in design. In a permanently excited synchronous motor, the rotor of the AC motor is fitted with permanent magnets. The magnets – and thus the rotor – follow the rotating alternating current field in the stator windings. The engine is said to be synchronous, because the rotor turns at the same rate as the magnetic field of the stator. The frequency is adapted to the speed demanded by the driver in the frequency inverters of the power electronics. The advantages of this design include high power density, high efficiency and high output consistency.
In these 4MATIC versions, the power demand between the front and rear axles is intelligently controlled 100 times per second, depending on the driving situation. The Mercedes-EQ philosophy is to optimise consumption by using the rear electric motor as often as possible, while the asynchronous motor at the front axle generates only minimal drag losses in partial-load operation.
The key data
|EQA 300 4MATIC||EQA 350 4MATIC|
|Drive system layout||All-wheel||All-wheel|
|Electric motors front/rear||Type||Asynchronous motor (ASM)/|
Permanently excited synchronous motors (PSM)
|Acceleration 0-100 km/h||s||7.7||6.0|
|Battery energy content, usable (WLTP)||kWh||66.5||66.5|
|Max. charging capacity, DC||kW||100||100|
|Charging time, DC, 10 – 80% SoC||min||30||30|
|Combined consumption (WLTP)||kWh/100 km||18.5-17.5||18.5-17.5|
|CO2 emissions (WLTP)||g/km||0||0|
|Combined consumption (NEDC)||kWh/100 km||15.8||15.8|
|CO2 emissions (NEDC)||g/km||0||0|