General Motors is expanding its heavyweight GMC Hummer EV lineup with a SUV version that will start at over $80,000.
The 2024 GMC Hummer EV SUV was revealed on Saturday in a 60-second commercial narrated by LeBron James shown during the NCAA’s Final Four basketball game.
“The new HUMMER EV SUV will offer many options for customers to tailor the truck to their lifestyles, while continuing to encourage them to forge new paths with zero emissions,” said Duncan Aldred, global vice president of Buick and GMC.
In terms of specs and features, it is unsurprisingly very similar to the previously announced specs of the pickup truck version.
The HUMMER EV SUV will be powered by GM’s next-generation Ultium battery technology. The Edition 1 offers customers to vehicle for maximum driving range or maximum off-road capability. Edition 1 comes standard with 22-inch premium wheels, assist steps and floor liners.
The available Extreme Off-Road package adds 18-inch wheels and 35-inch-OD MT tires, underbody armor and rock sliders, front eLocker and virtual rear lockers, heavy-duty ball-spline half shafts, UltraVision with underbody camera views and more.
Expected best-in-class off-road proportions will help make the new SUV maneuverable, while also making the most of the HUMMER EV’s available signature features such as CrabWalk, Extract Mode and more. Extract Mode causes the air suspension system to raise the vehicle almost 6 inches, while CrabWalk can rotate all four wheels at the same angle to move the vehicle diagonally to get out of tight spots when off-roading.
The SUV’s look remains rugged and includes a new rear design with mounted full-size spare tire. Inside, a similar five-passenger layout from the pickup remains and includes a large and useful rear cargo area.
- Master of maneuverability, with a 126.7-inch wheelbase giving it expected best-in-class off-road proportions with impressive departure and breakover angles, and a tighter turning circle of only 35.4 feet (10.8 meters) with 4 Wheel Steer standard on 2X, 3X and Edition 1
- An immersive interior puts the driver at the center of every moment, including customizable, multisensory user features and an open driving experience with the standard Infinity Roof with removable Sky Panels, I-Bar and rear drop glass
- GM’s Ultium Drive System offers up to 830 horsepower and up to 11,500 lb-ft of torque (GM estimated) — enough power for super-fast 0-60-mph sprints in approximately 3.5 seconds with Watts To Freedom
- New tactical technology via the redesigned myGMC app including Energy Assist
- Great degree of customization via My Mode, auxiliary buttons and nearly 200 accessories available at launch
- Next-gen electric, with a 20-module Ultium battery system offering up to a GM estimated 300-plus miles of range on Edition 1 (with standard equipment)
Additionally, all HUMMER EV SUV models feature the enhanced version of Super Cruise, GM’s hands-free driving system that can be used on more than 200,000 miles of enabled roads in the U.S. and Canada.
GMC HUMMER EV SUV will have a new automatic lane changing feature, where the system can determine when a lane change is optimal and initiate the maneuver, while following signaling protocols.
Pricing and Production
When production begins in early 2023, the HUMMER EV SUV Edition 1 will have a starting MSRP of $105,595 (including DFC). When equipped with the available Extreme Off-Road Package, the starting price will be $110,595 (including DFC).
HUMMER EV SUV Specifications
|HUMMER EV2 SUV||HUMMER EV2X SUV||HUMMER EV3X SUV||HUMMER EV SUV |
|HUMMER EV SUV |
Edition 1 with available
Extreme Off-Road Package
|Starting at MSRP (w/DFC)||$79,995||$89,995||$99,995||$105,595||$110,595|
|Availability||Spring 2024||Spring 2023||Spring 2023||Early 2023||Early 2023|
|Horsepower||Up to 625||Up to 625||Up to 830||Up to 830||Up to 830|
|Torque (lb-ft)||Up to 7,400||Up to 7,400||Up to 11,500||Up to 11,500||Up to 11,500|
w/ 20-module battery
|Extreme Off-Road Package||Extreme Off-Road Package|