ClipperCreek, Inc. recently unveiled a new expansion card for their HCS product line of charging stations.
COSMOS is an option for the Level 2, 240V ClipperCreek HCS Series. COSMOS can be added to any HCS Series charging station for just $184.
COSMOS was designed for developers, system operators, and system integrators; it features a simple digital load management interface, as well as UART Serial Communication interface for more advanced connection to third party monitoring and control systems. The ClipperCreek UART Serial Communications protocol document is available to any interested developer by contacting ClipperCreek for details.
Available UART Serial commands include:
– Set EVSE Pilot (available power) level – 5 levels
– Monitor vehicle connected status
– Monitor EVSE active/inactive status
– View advanced EVSE diagnostics information
– System defaults to hardwired digital load management if serial communication lost
Digital Load Management Interface features:
– Four levels of output power control
– Optically-coupled Open Collector output – pulled low when EVSE makes power available for charging
COSMOS -enabled HCS charging stations are delivered fully assembled with a communication conduit for external access to serial and digital load management interfaces. COSMOS is compatible with the ChargeGuard key-based access control, and “Ruggedized” HCS charging stations.[source: ClipperCreek]