Peugeot will introduce the Peugeot Partner Tepee Electric at the 2017 Geneva Motor Show next month. It will go on the market in September.
Designed based on the Peugeot Partner Tepee activity vehicle with an internal combustion engine, the new Partner Tepee Electric borrows the electric power chain from the Peugeot Partner Electric van, tried and tested since 2013.
The electric motor—high-performing, compact, synchronous with permanent magnets, 49 kW (67 hp)/200 Nm—is located under the bonnet.
The two lithium-ion battery packs, with high energy density and a 22.5-kWh capacity, are located in the underframe at either side of the rear suspension. This location lowers the centre of gravity for dynamic driving and good manoeuvrability in the new Peugeot Partner Tepee Electric. It also preserves the liveability of the Partner Tepee, as well as its reference boot volume.
The electric motor, with instantly available torque, is paired with single speed constant ratio transmission. It offers dynamic, flexible driving as soon as it starts, all the way through every phase of acceleration. All without changing gears—or an automatic gearbox can be added.
To adapt to everyday needs, the Peugeot Partner Tepee Electric offers to battery charging modes:
– a standard charge on a traditional domestic outlet (8-A or 10-A, depending on the country) or the secured Green Up charge (14-A). That means a full recharge (from an empty battery) takes eight and a half, 12 or 15 hours depending on outlet amperage.
– a rapid charge that meets the CHAdeMO (95-A) standard recovers 80% of battery capacity in 30 minutes.
The regular charging flap is located on the right front fender, while the rapid-charge outlet takes the place of the gas tank flap on the left rear fender.
Recommended service providers in the Peugeot network offer solutions for installing an outlet at an individual home or collective building, such as a business.
The new Peugeot Partner Tepee Electric has a 170-km (105 miles) range on the New European Driving Cycle, and brings together a set of features to optimize the range during real-life usage:
– The highly visible, combined energy consumption/regeneration indicator helps the driver constantly work to adopt low-energy driving;
– An auxiliary consumption gauge (heat and air-conditioning) fills out the driver information display. The on-board computer displays remaining range and mean consumption in kWh;
– The double energy recovery in the deceleration phase and the active braking phase converts kinetic energy into electric energy. Vehicle range in the driving phase is thus better preserved;
– 100% electric-origin heating offers fast heating in the passenger compartment. It also features an “Eco” setting to prevent overconsumption of electricity through the ventilation system to promote vehicle range.
For even more peace of mind and comfort during your trips, the new Peugeot Partner Tepee Electric offers features remotely controlled from a smartphone or tablet:
– Programme the heat or air conditioning in the passenger compartment;
– See the battery charge;
– Estimate the duration of the recharge.
The new Peugeot Partner Tepee Electric offers a wide range of useful and effective equipment to guarantee safety and make both driving and life easier every day.
Comfortable and ergonomic, the passenger compartment provides 78 litres of open or closed storage space.
The cruise control, the direct tyre pressure monitor, the electronic stability control (ESC) paired with the hill-start assist, the manual climate control, the radio and CD and MP3 players, the two sliding side doors, and the height-adjustable driver’s seat are available as standard.
The reversing camera, available as an option, uses the large colour screen to simplify parking every day. To make low-speed manoeuvring even easier, the rear parking assistance available as standard on the second level can be complemented by front parking assistance.
In touch with the present day, the new Peugeot Partner Tepee Electric features an integrated large, seven-inch colour touch screen in the middle of the dashboard, always within view and arm’s reach. Available as standard for the second level, it allows the drive to access various features: the on-board computer, AM/FM radio, digital DAB (Digital Audio Broadcasting) as an option, reading of music files on mobile devices, hands-free telephone, and navigation.
It also includes the best of on-board connectivity: Bluetooth®, USB port, jack plug, and the MirrorScreen function. From a smartphone compatible with Mirrorlink® or Apple Carplay®, the MirrorScreen lets users duplicate the best of their mobile applications on the large touch screen in the vehicle, so they can safely and fully enjoy them.
Navigation, available as an option, includes speed limit and traffic information display.
The new Peugeot Partner Tepee Electric also provides worry-free maintenance at about 30% less than an internal combustion vehicle:
– Its traction battery is guaranteed for eight years or 100,000 km, and its electric power chain is guaranteed for five years or 50,000 km, whichever comes first;
– Maintenance, every two years or 40,000 km after the first year, does not require oil, a belt, or liquid coolant.
– With no gearbox or clutch, there are fewer components to inspect.
– With the double energy recovery through deceleration and braking, the brakes are used less, and wear out less easily.
With the Peugeot Partner Tepee Electric leisure activity vehicle the brand is further filling out its range of electric mobility products, which includes:
– the Peugeot iOn city car;
– the Peugeot Partner Electric van;
– the new Peugeot GenZe (Generation Zero emission) electric motor-scooter;
– a range of electric-assist bicycles for every condition: road, hybrid, and mountain bikes, with new products including the 2017 eF01, the first electric-assist folding bike from Peugeot, and the Eu01, for riding at 45 km/h;
– the Peugeot e-Kick electric-assist scooter, from a partnership with MICRO.