Tritium, the Australian developer and manufacturer of the Veefil 50kW DC fast charger, will showcase three new chargers on its stand at eCarTec in Munich this week.
The new charging products now create a range of four chargers—with all the chargers sharing Tritium’ technology (including liquid cooling). They also maintain the Veefil’s high design standards and are low cost to install and maintain.
– Veefil UT 50kW DC fast charger — designed specifically for energy and utility companies worldwide, and is the first fast charger designed to connect directly to the grid. A solution for metering, switch gear and protection systems in a single unit significantly reduces installation and maintenance costs.
– Veefil WP 12kW DC fast charger — designed specifically for the work place and ideal for fleet applications, this extremely compact and light-weight charger fits easily into existing car parking areas and will charge 120 km (75 miles) of range in two hours.
– Veefil 22kW DC fast charger — the same specifications as the original Veefil 50kW DC fast charger but is designed to give customers more options and is suited for locations which are dependent on a lower power supply. Approximate charging time for 120km is one hour.
The Veefil supports CHAdeMO & SAE-Combo standards. The original Veefil 50 kW is around 25 times faster than home charging and can add 50 km (31 miles) of range to an EV battery charge in just 10 minutes—which would take over six hours using a wall socket.
Unique Features found in the Veefil range of chargers:
• All the chargers have a unique aluminium structure and are liquid-cooled, functioning in -35 degrees C to +50 degrees C. This makes the Veefil products more robust than other chargers over a wide range of environmental conditions, including temperature, humidity and corrosive conditions – increasing reliability and reducing maintenance.
• The Veefil 50kW, Veefil 22kW and the Veefil WP (work place) have the smallest footprint and are at least half the weight of most other EV fast chargers, increasing location options and reducing shipping and installation costs. They can fit neatly at the end of a standard parking bay within existing infrastructure.
• All products in the Veefil range are protected in an IP65 aluminium construction, ensuring long-term stability of the entire enclosure, leading to lower maintenance costs.
• All products have an attractive design, with high visibility, convenient for branding. They are all very easy and intuitive to use. The Veefil 50kW was awarded 2014 Good Design Australia Award.
• The Veefil UT (utility) is the first and only DC fast charger that connects directly to the grid and has been designed specifically for utilities and energy companies to give them maximum flexibility.