Car Charging Group says it has expanded its national network of available EV charging stations by deploying Blink EV chargers at new locations and restoring service at hundreds of existing EV charging stations on Blink Network in different markets across the United States.
In addition, CarCharging has added more than 3,600 new Blink memberships in the last two months and now has over 83,000 members.
During June and July, CarCharging’s Operations team serviced more than 400 EV charging stations across the nation, including DC Fast chargers and Level 2 EV chargers. The Company also installed and commissioned nearly 100 new stations across California, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Massachusetts, Maryland, Nevada, Tennessee, and Washington.
New or existing locations with Blink EV charging stations that were serviced or deployed are now available to property partners and EV drivers include, but are not limited to:
– IKEA (Retail) – Carson, Costa Mesa, East Palo Alto, and San Diego
– Santana Row (Destination) – San Jose
– Ralphs (Retail) – Marina Del Rey and Santa Monica
– IKEA (Retail) – Atlanta
– Kroger (Retail) – Alpharetta, Atlanta, and Grayson
– IKEA (Retail) – Bolingbrook
– Fishers Lane (Workplace) – Rockville
– Fred Meyer (Retail) – Corvallis, Oregon City, Tigard, and others
– IKEA (Retail) – Portland
– SmartPark Garage (Parking) – Portland
– Cracker Barrel (Retail) – Cleveland, Franklin, Nashville, and others
– Centennial Park (Destination) – Nashville
– Coleman Park Community Center (Destination) – Nashville
– Hilton (Hotel) – Arlington
“Despite low gas prices, July 2016 was the strongest month to date for plug-in electric vehicle (PEV) sales with over 14,000 total PEVs sold,” said Mike Calise, CEO of CarCharging. “This spike in demand is aligned with our efforts to expand EV charging infrastructure. We strive to continually improve the availability of Blink EV charging stations nationwide, and since EV drivers rely on the Blink Network, we are proud to demonstrate our commitment to improving the overall driver experience and working towards providing a superior level of service to customers.”