In celebration of the revolutionary sports car made with carbon fiber, renowned Chef Thomas Keller hosted an intimate dinner at the BMW Villa for a handful of the first owners of the BMW i8. In addition to hosting the special occasion, Chef Keller, who has set the standard within the hospitality industry with restaurants including Per Se in New York and French Laundry in Napa Valley, is joining the BMW i family after taking delivery of his BMW i8.
Among the first group receiving a BMW i8 is Roger Penske, Chairman of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Team Penske, which operates race teams in both the NASCAR and IndyCar series.
Rick Hendrick, Chairman of Hendrick Automotive Group, currently the second-largest privately held dealership group in the country, will also be taking delivery of a BMW i8 during Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance. Additionally, Hendrick is the owner of Hendrick Motorsports, fielding four teams competing in the premier NASCAR Sprint Cup Series.
The list of those joining the exclusive dinner and taking delivery of a BMW i8 at the BMW Villa during Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance also includes:
– Tony Fadell, Founder and CEO of Nest, which reinvents unloved home products, like the thermostat.
– Michael Fux, a pioneer in the mattress and bedding industry and is currently CEO of Comfort Revolution.
– John Hendricks, Founder of the global media company Discovery Communications and Founder of Curiosity Project, a multi-platform service delivering highest-quality deep-dive content to lifelong learners.
– Barry Klarberg, Founder, CEO, Monarch Business and Wealth Management.
– Miles Nadal, Chairman, CEO President and Founder of MDC Partners, one of the largest advertising holding companies worldwide.
– Sam Nazarian, Founder, Chairman and CEO of SBE, a leading global hospitality and entertainment company.
– Patrick Wachsberger, Co-Chairman of Lionsgate Motion Picture Group, a premier next generation global content leader.
Continuing the celebration of the U.S. arrival of the BMW i8, on Saturday, August 16, Jay Leno will present a one-of-a-kind 2014 BMW i8 Concours d’Elegance Edition, which will be auctioned off during the annual Pebble Beach auctions. The i8 Concours d’Elegance Edition will be distinguished by a unique paint scheme and interior treatment as well as other features that will make it unlike any other BMW i8 in the world.
With its futuristic design and groundbreaking technology, the BMW i8 operates with extremely low fuel consumption (76 MPGe) and emissions output, and is capable of accelerating from 0-60 mph in 4.2 seconds on the way to an electronically governed top speed of 155 mph.
The BMW i8 has an MSRP of $135,700. It joins BMW i’s growing lineup of visionary vehicles dedicated to solving many of the mobility challenges faced by the world’s most densely populated cities.[wzslider height=”400″ lightbox=”true”]