The Swiss driver completed a 1:31.910s, which narrowly beat the previous best time from last week by 0.063s set by Audi Sport ABT’s Lucas di Grassi on Friday.
Ex-Formula 1 driver Jerome d’Ambrosio finished second, crossing the line with a 1:32.519s. The Belgian racer spent the day behind the wheel of the China Racing car, building on his experience from last week.
Lucas di Grassi, who ended last week’s testing on the top of the timesheets, set the pace in the morning session with teams continuing to focus on battery management and race simulations. The Brazilian set a 1:32.260s to put him third overall.
Dragon Racing’s Oriol Servia stopped on track to cause the first red flag of the day before Sebastien Buemi lowered the benchmark by setting a 1:32.697s, beating his previous best lap by over a second.
Before the lunch break there were several changes at the top of the leaderboard with Buemi edging out Venturi’s Stephane Sarrazin, who finished fourth.
Returning to track for the restart of the session, Mahindra’s Bruno Senna was the first man to set a representative lap time ahead of Nicolas Prost for e.dams Renault.
Briton’s Sam Bird briefly handed over duties to Virgin Racing team-mate Jaime Alguersuari for the afternoon, who ended the day fifth.
Day 3, DoningtonPark – Test Results (Combined Times):
1. Sebastien Buemi, e.dams-Renault, 1:31.910s
2. Jerome d’Ambrosio, China Racing, 1:32.035s
3. Lucas di Grassi, Audi Sport ABT, 1:32.260s
4. Stephane Sarrazin, Venturi, 1:32.462s
5. Jaime Alguersuari, Virgin Racing, 1:32.495s
6. Nicolas Prost, e.dams-Renault, 1:32.671s
7. Bruno Senna, Mahindra Racing, 1:32.809s
8. Sam Bird, Virgin Racing, 1:32.858s
9. Daniel Abt, Audi Sport ABT, 1:32.875
10. Jarno Trulli, Trulli, 1:33.165s
11. Oriol Servia, Dragon Racing, 1:33.844s
12. Karun Chandhok, Mahindra Racing, 1:34.249s
13. Michela Cerruti, Trulli, 1:34.538s
14. Scott Speed, Andretti Autosport, 1:34.871s
15. Mike Conway, Dragon Racing, 1:35.643s
16. Katherine Legge, Amlin Aguri, 1:35.936s
17. Fabio Leimer, Amlin Aguri, 1:36.184s
18. Franck Montagny, Andretti Autosport, 1:39.568s
Click for more pictures at our Facebook fan page.