Bosch today announced an exclusive distribution and installation agreement with Evatran to offer the Plugless Level 2 Electric Vehicle Charging System, the first commercially available wireless system.
In addition, Bosch announced financing options for all offered electric vehicle charging stations and their installation.
The announcements were made at the 2013 Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA) Annual Conference, held June 10 – June 12 in Washington, D.C.
As part of Bosch’s continuing drive to bring affordable charging options to a growing EV market, including the recently announced $449 240V Bosch Power Max, the company now provides multiple payment options for its customers across its charging product line-up, including installation.
Financing options announced today are:
– $0 down, same as cash loan with no monthly payments for 12 months if repaid in full in 12 months for charging stations with installations $1,000 and above
– $0 down, 5 year 2.99% loan on charging stations with installations $3,500 and above
Bosch will provide the complete installation solution for the Plugless L2 System. A Bosch-certified electrician will install the home infrastructure portion of the system, and Bosch Car Service centers will install the on-vehicle components. Bosch will coordinate the entire process and provide post-installation support as needed.
The Plugless L2 System offers hands-free, automatic EV charging. Vehicle owners simply drive over the system’s floor-mounted Parking Pad and their vehicle begins charging.
The Plugless Level 2 EV Charging System includes the following components:
– Vehicle Adapter: Installed on the undercarriage of the user’s EV
– Control Panel: A wall-mounted enclosure that provides alignment guidance and diagnostic information, in addition to traditional charging station functions
– Parking Pad: A floor-mounted wireless charging transmitter
Bosch offers professional guidance for customers purchasing the Plugless L2 or other corded EV charging stations. Trained Vehicle Charging Advisors walk customers through a free on-site estimate, installation and inspection, and provide ongoing support including finding money-saving rebates offered by utility companies, government or vehicle manufacturers. Bosch installation services include a 3-year limited product warranty, all permitting and even filing rebate paperwork for a vehicle owner.
Bosch will begin taking advance orders today. The Plugless L2 System will begin shipping in early July, with initial customers receiving their charging station in mid to late July.