Renault has announced UK pricing and specification for the Renault ZOE electric minicar, with an on-the-road price of £13,650 after the UK Plug-In Car Grant.
With an NEDC homologated range of 130 miles, Renault ZOE is the first affordable car for everyday use to have been designed from the ground up as an electric vehicle.
Renault ZOE packs some of the motor industry’s most advanced technology, including no fewer than six ‘world premiere’ features and 60 patents designed to deliver user-friendliness, range and connectivity.
The hotly-anticipated ZOE comes in the wake of the Fluence Z.E. saloon, Kangoo Van Z.E. and the innovative urban runabout Twizy to make zero emission mobility a reality for all – one of the pledges of Renault’s ‘Drive the Change’ signature.
Renault ZOE is available in three trim levels – Expression, Dynamique Zen and Dynamique Intens – and is packed with a raft of innovations for a new form of motoring. The sleek supermini is the first vehicle to be equipped with ‘Range OptimiZEr’ which combines three major innovations, bi-modal regenerative braking, a heat pump and MICHELIN Energy E-V tyres. Due to this, ZOE has the longest range of any electric vehicle in its class. With these MICHELIN tyres, in the NEDC cycle, ZOE is homologated with a range of 130 miles. While this figure gives a useful benchmark comparison, in real conditions and in suburban use, the owner will generally achieve around 60 miles in cold weather and 90 miles in temperate conditions.
Renault ZOE is the only electric vehicle to feature the Chameleon charger. Patented by Renault, this charger is compatible with all power levels from 3kW up to 43kW. Charging batteries at a charging station can take between 30 minutes and nine hours, with 80 per cent of full battery power able to be achieved within 30 minutes using a Rapid Charger 43 kW AC power source.
ZOE is also the first Renault to be presented with the new multimedia system, R-Link, as standard. To enable drivers to control its functions without taking their eyes off the road, R-Link features a large seven-inch display, steering wheel-mounted controls and voice recognition. It also delivers integrated connectivity with motoring services and applications available from the R-Link Store.
Driving Renault ZOE is a unique experience which gives new meaning to the term ‘driving pleasure’. The synchronous electric motor with rotor coil has a power output of 65kW, equivalent to 88hp, and instantly delivers maximum torque of 220Nm. Acceleration and pull-away are responsive from low speeds, while its top speed is limited to 84 mph. Driving is more relaxing, thanks to the silent ride and smooth, gearshift-free acceleration.
For stress-free driving in built-up areas, ZOE is fitted with ‘Z.E. Voice’, a sound which warns pedestrians that the vehicle is approaching. ‘Z.E. Voice’ can be heard from 1 to 18 mph and was the subject of special design work to create a bespoke sound identity for ZOE. The driver can choose between three different sounds, while it is possible to turn off the warning system by simply pressing a button.
Programmable pre-conditioning heats or cools ZOE’s cabin when the vehicle is charging so when the driver gets into the car the cabin is just the right temperature and battery charge is saved in use. As a further neat touch, this can be activated remotely via the owner’s smartphone on Dynamique Zen and Dynamique Intens versions. An activated charcoal cabin air filter traps most bad smells and pollutants. It also filters substances just a few microns in size, such as pollen and particulates.
The choice of colours and materials for one of the ZOE versions, Dynamique Zen, recalls purity and wellbeing: white, blue and chrome, with a light coloured interior ambiance. ZOE Dynamique Zen is fitted with ‘Take Care by Renault’ equipment as standard with an active scent diffuser, ioniser and toxicity sensor together with Teflon seat protection.
ZOE Expression comes with an on-the-road price of £13,650, after the Government Plug-in Car Grant deduction, while the Dynamique Zen and Intens versions cost £14,750. Battery hire is from £70 per month. In line with some other Renault model price increases applicable from 5 April, ZOE will be priced £13,995 and £15,195.
Renault said it will give a free home-installed charging point to every new customer as well as those who’ve already pre-ordered a Renault ZOE.
Standard equipment on Expression includes:
– 15-inch Aerobase wheel trims on Michelin ENERGY E-V tyres
– R-Link – voice controlled TomTom satellite navigation with 7” touchscreen
– 4x20W radio
– USB input, jack, SD multimedia and Bluetooth®
– ‘Range OptimiZEr’ – bi-modal braking system, heat pump and Michelin Energy E-V tyres
– Chameleon charger allowing recharge time of 30 mins to 9 hours
– Econometer, battery gauge and integrated mileage counter
– Eco mode: reduces power delivery and reprogrammes heating and air conditioning systems to maximise range
– Z.E. Connect – remote monitoring of battery charge and range
– Z.E. (hot/cold) pre-conditioning of interior temperature (when vehicle on charge)
– Z.E. Voice – low speed pedestrian warning
– Climate Control
– Cruise Control
– LED DRLs
– ESC, ASR Traction control and Understeer control
– Hill Start Assist
– Renault keycard
– ISOFIX mountings on front passenger seat and outer rear seats
– TFT instrument display
– Height and reach adjustable steering wheel
– Privacy glass to rear side and tailgate windows
– R.A.I.D. (Renault Anti-Intruder Device) auto door locking over 5 mph
– Speed Limiter
Additional equipment on Dynamique Intens and Dynamique Zen:
– 16-inch Aerotronic wheel trims on Michelin ENERGY E-V tyres
– Hands-free keycard
– My Z.E. [email protected] – remote battery charging and air conditioning/heating activation
– 4x35W Arkamys 3D digital sound system
– Auto lights and wipers
– Z.E. Digital – remote access to R-Link store e.g. email access)
– Leather steering wheel
– Electric rear windows
– Rear parking sensors
– Dynamique Intens only:Rear parking camera; Dark interior ambience
– Dynamique Zen only: ‘Zen’ interior with Teflon upholstery protection; ‘Zen Take Care by Renault’ – active scent diffuser, ioniser, toxicity sensor
– 16-inch Aerotronic alloy wheels £400 (Expression)
– 17” Tech Run alloy wheels (Dynamique versions) (not available with MICHELIN EnergyTM E-V tyres) £310
– Metallic paint £495 (Energy Blue, Calico Grey, Neptune Grey, Diamond Black, Brazil Brown)
– Renault i.d. metallic paint (Arctic White) £595
– Renault solid i.d. paint (Iceberg Blue) £225
– 4x35W Arkamys 3D sound system £250 (Expression)
– Z.E. [email protected] – remote battery charging and air conditioning/heating activation £150 (Expression)
– Z.E. Live Services (HD Traffic updated, speed camera alerts, TomTom Places search and weather forecasts) 3 year subscription £150
– TomTom additional mapping – Europe £110
|Battery rental for ZOE||Miles|
|up to 7,500||9,000||10,500||12,000|
|36 months and more||£70||£77||£85||£93|