Vauxhall customers can now benefit from free installation of a home charging unit for their Ampera extended-range electric vehicles.
Earlier this week, the UK Government announced funding for owners of electric vehicles where they will cover 75 percent of costs for home charging unit installations up to a maximum of £1,000 including VAT. Vauxhall will meet the remaining 25 percent on the same basis for new retail customers taking up the offer.
The Government’s £37 million package of benefits also includes additional measures for local authorities to install on-street charging posts and rapid chargers. Train operators can also claim for charge point installations at railway stations for EV commuters.
Ampera pricing starts at £29,995 on-the-road (including £5,000 government grant) for the Earth model. The car is available through a network of 24 specialist Vauxhall dealers and is covered by the manufacturer’s industry-leading Lifetime Warranty.
Pioneering customers are also given further peace of mind thanks to the Love It or Return It campaign available on Ampera whereby if purchasers find that within the first 30 days/1500 miles of ownership Ampera isn’t right for them after all, they can return it to Vauxhall.
Vauxhall Ampera is also offered on the 3-Day Test Drive program through which company car drivers can test a Vauxhall for three days, without paying a penny more than the electricity and/or the fuel used.