Hertz On Demand, Hertz’s global car sharing club, announced the expansion in San Antonio with the introduction of a Nissan Leaf electric car and the addition of seven parking locations throughout downtown San Antonio.
Since the program’s launch in San Antonio in March 2012, the program has exceeded the expectations for both the City and Hertz.
The addition of the Nissan Leaf makes San Antonio the second city in Texas to have an electric car as part of its car share program.
The Hertz On Demand pay-as-you-go service, with no annual fees, provides members with 24/7 access to vehicles strategically located throughout the city’s downtown area. Hertz On Demand offers members a range of cars – from an electric vehicle to compacts, sedans and SUVs – available both in parking lots and on on-street parking spots. Hertz On Demand provides an economical, convenient and socially conscious alternative to car ownership. It has approximately 150,000 members, is available in six countries and on approximately 50 university campuses.
San Antonio-area residents, City employees and tourists can sign up online, reserve cars which can be picked up from one of Hertz On Demand’s several conveniently located hubs, and experience the enhanced member benefits offered by Hertz On Demand, including:
– Free membership. Hertz On Demand has no enrollment fee or annual membership fee, and offers low hourly or daily rates starting as low as $6.50/hour for the Chevy Sonic or Toyota Yaris.
– New rental fleet options include the Dodge Avenger, Toyota Yaris, Ford Escape, Chevy Sonic, Toyota RAV4, Jeep Liberty and Nissan Rogue. A Nissan LEAF is currently available at the City Hall as part of the Hertz Global EV program.
– 180 miles a day, gas and insurance included in rates.
– Daily rates on Hertz rental car for longer trips; Ability to rent a car for up to 30 days.
– Unparalleled member service including 24/7 live, in-car assistance from a team of Hertz Member Care experts.
– No late fees. Hertz On Demand members will not receive punitive charges/late fees for the late return of a vehicle.