Mitsubishi is reducing price of its i-Miev electric car to £28,990 ($45,255 U.S.) for orders placed for delivery from January 1st 2011.
With the recently confirmed £5000 Government electric car grant, the i-MiEV price will be further reduced to £23,990 ($37,450 U.S.).
The i-MiEV was previously priced at £38,699 ($60,410 U.S.).
In response to Nissan’s low price for the LEAF electric vehicle, in March, Mitsubishi has cutted the price of the electric i-MiEV in Japan.
Specifications have also been revealed, and the electric car gets:
• All-round electric windows
• Central door locking with keyless entry
• Driver’s and front passenger’s front airbags
• Side and curtain air bags
• Heated driver’s seat and wing mirrors
• CD player
• Leather-wrapped steering wheel
• Leather-wrapped shift knob
• Headlamp levelling device
• Battery remaining indicator
• Air conditioning
• Alloy wheels
Mitsubishi said it will offer a five-year or 62,500 miles warranty, whichever comes first, on the battery and electric drive system in the i-MiEV electric vehicle.