CrownCruiser carbon fiber e-bike made its debut on Indiegogo. With its cool and uncanny mix of retro styling and ultra-sleek space-age curves, this machine doesn’t just look amazing; it literally breaks the mold. Nothing quite looks like it. CrownCruiser adds to its stunning appearance by packing a range of performance features and SMART technologies that make it unique and utterly irresistible.
Its advanced high-tech pedigree has been developed with input from experts in the aerospace, sustainable energy, and motorsports industries. Clearly evident in the bike’s aerodynamic styling and incredible strength.
Constructed around a lightweight, ultra-strong monocoque carbon fiber frame, riders can customize CrownCruiser’s elegance with a choice of color palettes and bespoke skins.
Equally at home on the daily commute, cruising the beach, or riding out off the beaten track, this adaptable, versatile ride comes with a rider recognition anti-theft defense, GSM location tracking, and Bluetooth, complimented by a powerful app that tracks riding statistics. It even has a gyro accelerometer sensor that can detect an impact or fall and will pin drop your location to your emergency contact.
CrownCruiser’s stylish good looks and high-tech specs are matched by its performance. Guaranteed to turn heads every step of its 100-mile range, CrownCruiser’s powerful brushless DC hub motor can deliver a maximum power output of 1000W and is available in two motor sizes.
The first of these is the pedal-assisted system (PAS) which can produce speeds up to 15.5mph at 250W. Alternatively, combine the PAS with the throttle, and the powerful 750W rear hub motor kicks in, allowing CrownCruiser to achieve speeds of up to 31mph.
Sales of e-bikes are skyrocketing, spurred on by governments’ cycling-friendly policies across the world and the impact of Covid 19. According to research by NPD Group and reported in the New York Times and Cycling Industry News, e-bike sales grew by 145% in the USA between 2019 and 2020.
The surge in popularity is being seen across Europe, too, with Cycling Industries Europe reporting e-bike sales are likely to hit 30 million by 2030. That’s twice the number of cars currently registered across the continent.
Whether you’re already bitten by the biking bug or one of the millions looking to take to two wheels for a sustainable transport alternative, CrownCruiser offers riders an unrivaled experience.
CrownCruiser was shortlisted by Innovate UK’s Sustainable Innovation Fund and awarded £139,970 to set up an operations and assembly centre in Sheffield. The global crisis caused by the pandemic had a negative effects on many start-ups and such decision was intended to help products with innovative concepts become a reality.
The e-bike is currently available at a price point of $3,150 (half price introductory offer). Find out more about the amazing CrownCruiser on the official Inidegogo page.
CrownCrouiser: technical specifications
- Powerful, brushless DC hub motor with a choice of either a 250W or 750W motor
- Two speed modes: (PAS 15.5mph/ Throttle 31 mph)
- 36V/ 11.6 AH & 48V/ 14.5 AH Li-ion Battery
- Max Power Output: 1000w
- Max Riding Range: 100 miles at 15.5mph (PAS)
- Frame: Monocoque Carbon Fiber Frame
- Front Brake: Optional upgrade to 203mm Magura MT4 Estop
- Rear Brake: 180mm rotor x 2.0mm
- Headlight: CrownCruiser 2000 Lumen LED Headlight
- Taillight: Seat clamp integrated taillight
- Battery: Swappable 36V or 48V battery
- Drive: Gates Carbon Belt Drive
- Phone Charger: Integrated wireless phone charger
- App: CrownCruiser App for iOS and Android
- Warranty: 2 years Warranty on electronics, Lifetime Warranty on the Frame
- Frame Color options: Carbon Fiber, Yellow Carbon, Bubble Gum, Smokey Gray, Bad Ass Blue, Sunset Orange colors: Carbon Fiber, Yellow Carbon, Bubble Gum, Smokey Gray, Bad Ass Blue.
- Tires: 26″ x 3” Front & Rear
- Weight: 55 pounds / 25kg (with battery)