Electrify America has expanded its product portfolio with the launch of a new business unit called Electrify Home, designed to empower an independent lifestyle for electric vehicle drivers with convenient home charging solutions.
Electrify Home leverages the full power of Electrify America’s top industry experts, technical knowledge, and strategic collaborations to deliver fast and effective home charging products. The introduction of Electrify Home follows the launch of the company’s first-ever Level 2 Home Charger last year – an easy solution for keeping an electric vehicle charged at home – and is part of Electrify America’s continued commitment to driving EV adoption by making ownership as convenient as possible.
As part of the launch, Electrify America will feature an Electrify Home web store on its existing website where customers can shop Electrify America’s Level 2 Home Charger, offering a simple and efficient purchase approach for existing and prospective EV owners. The Electrify Home web store offers a one-stop solution to charging at home.
At the Electrify Home web store, electric vehicle owners can solve their home charging needs:
- Purchase: Buy the Electrify America Level 2 Home Charger
- Install: Arrange charger home installations through Qmerit
- Support: Get customer support 24 hours a day, seven days a week
“Right now, about 80 percent of electric vehicle charging is done at home. With the launch of Electrify Home, we’re providing flexible and forward-thinking home charging solutions for EV drivers of today and tomorrow,” said Nina Huesgen, senior manager, Home and eCommerce at Electrify America. “EV drivers need more charging options to feel truly independent and confident in their decision to go electric, which is why Electrify America has expanded its focus to create a connected and smart home charging ecosystem.”
Features of the Electrify America Level 2 Home Charger:
- Flexible installation options: For easy installation, the L2 home charger comes with a standard NEMA 14-50 supply power plug, compatible with the 240-volt outlets commonly found in households. The unit can also be hardwired by a licensed and qualified electrician and comes with a docking station that allows for wall-mounting.
- Indoors or outdoors: The home charger is equipped with a NEMA 3R enclosure, allowing it to be mounted inside or outside. A 24.6-foot long cable makes it easy to reach and plug in your car.
- Colored light that indicates charging status: An LED color indicator makes it easy to view charging status, with a ring around the charger that lights up blue while the car is charging and lights up green when the battery is full.
- Three-year warranty, 24-hour support: Electrify America offers a three-year warranty and 24-hour customer support.
“We look forward to using the Electrify Home platform to expand our offerings in the home charging space, as we develop new product lines and services that will help further streamline EV ownership,” said Huesgen.
The launch of Electrify Home reflects Electrify America’s dedication to ongoing innovation and a more sustainable future. Beyond its Electrify Home offerings, Electrify America will continue to grow its public network of ultra-fast EV chargers with a goal to install or have under development approximately 800 total charging station sites with about 3,500 chargers by December 2021.