Southern California-based electric vehicle maker Karma Automotive set the MSRP of its 2020 Revero GT at $135,000 with retail deliveries starting in the fourth quarter.
A growing list of more than 20 retail partners in the U.S., Canada and select export markets are accepting pre-orders of the new vehicle, one which differentiates itself from its predecessor through improved technology, performance, interior and exterior options and customization.
With Karma’s in-house design team, owners can co-create their car to deliver a true one-off masterpiece individualized specifically to meet their discerning luxury lifestyle.
“The 2020 Revero GT is pure Karma, a true reflection of our luxury electric vehicle design and engineering capabilities, ushering in a new era for the company,” says Karma’s Chief Revenue Officer John Maloney. “The Karma owner has a deep appreciation for design and love the exclusivity of driving a custom-designed car.”
The Revero GT is a luxury electric vehicle driven by two electric motors powered features a Twin Power Turbo three-cylinder in-line engine supplied by BMW AG to power an on-board electric generator and enhance overall vehicle performance. With an MPGe rating of 71 miles, the Revero GT offers an overall driving range of up to 360 miles, with 80 miles of emissions-free all electric driving powered by a 28kWh NMC (Nickel Manganese Cobalt) lithium-ion battery featuring higher overall density, improved power output and enhanced safety features. The car also qualifies for HOV-lane single occupancy in various states.
“The 2020 Revero GT is the definitive luxury electric vehicle,” Maloney adds. “Our car offers the best of both worlds – extended EV capability without any range anxiety. We believe this is the optimal solution for the luxury markets of today.”
Karma engineers created a world-class electric drive system that alongside a series of other technological advancements enables the new 2020 Revero to be as fast as it looks. The car hits 0-60mph in 4.5 seconds with an electronically-limited top speed of 125 mph. Drivers can select from three different drive modes via the steering wheel mounted paddle shifters:
- Stealth: pure-electric, emissions free driving
- Sustain: turns on the range-extending generator to preserve the battery pack’s power for use when the driver chooses
- Sport: combines the output from the battery pack and the generator for maximum driving performance
Revero GT highlights:
- Twin Electric Motors and all-electric powertrain deliver 536 Horsepower and 1100 lb-ft of torque
- Acceleration: 0-60 mph in 4.5 seconds, improved from 5.4 seconds
- Launch Control as standard
- New rear drive module and inverters
- New generator set with BMW i8 engine
- Upgraded HV battery for improved range – up to 80 miles of EV range – about 60% more than previous generation
- Electric power steering enhancing steering feel
- Blind spot and cross traffic detection
- Active Noise Cancellation
- 3D haptic touch technology
- New digital-audio architecture for enhanced audio performance
- New touch screen and UI processor
- Patented, exterior state-of-charge indication via Center brake light
- Over-the-air software updates
- New design, new body – including redesigned: hood, doors, deck lid, body sides, side mirrors, front and rear
- Unique and beautifully proportioned design featuring iconic California Style
- Largest wheels in the competitive set
- New front/rear seats, with front seat ventilation & heated steering wheel
- New center console with improved storage
- Incorporates the finest grade of interior leather available to the industry
- Incorporated ecologically-friendly, reclaimed wood as interior trim
“Karma’s aim is to deliver uncompromised luxury and innovative technology for those who share our mindset and our California spirit,” Maloney says.