Toshiba Corporation has launched the “TB2909FNG”, an audio power amplifier IC that supports external audible outputs from vehicles, allowing use of electric vehicle warning sound systems in hybrid electric vehicles and electric vehicles.
Hybrid electric vehicles and electric vehicles operating in all-electric mode without combustion engine run quietly, and they increasingly are being equipped with electric vehicle warning sound systems that simulate engine sound, so that pedestrians can recognize their approaching.
The “TB2909FNG” guarantees operation at up to 110°C, allowing use in electric vehicle warning sound system where stable operation at high temperature is required. The IC also integrates a wide range of abnormality detection functions and protection circuits, contributing to the safety and simplification of automotive systems.
Key Features of New Product
– Operating temperature range: Ta=-40°C to 110°C
– Variety of abnormality detection functions: Speaker open, Output shorted to GND or VCC, Detection of high temperature, Detection of overload
– Variety of protection circuits: Thermal Shut Down, Over-voltage, Output to VCC, Output to GND, Shorted load
– Small sized package: TSSOP16
|Maximum Output Power||5Wx1ch(Vcc=16V,RL=8Ω, JEITA max)|
3Wx1ch(Vcc=12V,RL=8Ω, JEITA max)
|Operating Supply Voltage|
|6V to 16V|
|-40°C to 110°C|
|Total Harmonic Distortion||0.08% (Pout=0.125W)|
|Output Noise Voltage||50uV|
|Embedded Functions and|
|• Built in mute, standby functions|
• Variety of abnormality detection functions (Speaker open, Output short-circuits to GND or VCC, Thermal, and Overload)
• Variety of protection circuits (Thermal Shut Down, Over-voltage, Output shorted to VCC, Output shorted to GND , and Shorted load)