EVBox, a leading provider of EV charging solutions, launched its most powerful charging station: EVBox Troniq High Power. The charging station can deliver 400 kW of power and is the first standalone charging station with this power output that has been tested and proven in the field in France and the Netherlands. The company expects to begin fulfilling orders from September 2023 in key European markets.
High-power charging (above 350 kW) is the evolution of fast charging (above 50kW) and is seen by industry experts as one of the keys to mass market EV adoption. According to the company’s research, the existence of high-power charging would increase the willingness of 66% of potential EV drivers to buy an electric car. As such, there is an effort to install thousands of high-power charging stations across Europe and North America’s motorways.
The faster the charging station, the more convenient charging becomes. Drivers will have to spend less time waiting for their vehicle to charge, will experience reduced queues at on-the-go charging locations, and will have a better charging experience. High-power charging has been a key focus point for the innovation direction at EVBox.
Tested in the field in France and the Netherlands
The launch of EVBox Troniq High Power follows a successful testing period at two locations in France and the Netherlands. The Early Adopter Program (EAP) iterated on the charging station’s design by gathering real-time feedback and using it to continuously improve the product. Over five months near Amsterdam and Toulouse, the EAP logged more than 4000 successful charging sessions and over 1700 hours of active charging. More than 91 MWh of energy was delivered to electric vehicles, validating the performance and compatibility of the charging station with different types of vehicles, battery types, weather conditions, and use cases.
EVBox Troniq High Power technical specifications
EVBox Troniq High Power is built on the flexible and scalable Troniq Modular platform. The platform makes it easy for businesses to integrate the Troniq High Power into an existing charging offering, optimize their power consumption, while avoiding costly grid upgrades. Developed in the company’s Bordeaux facility, EVBox aims to produce up to 2000 units this year.
EVBox Troniq High Power key features:
– Scalable architecture with up to ten 40kW power modules.
– Available with 320 kW, 360 kW or 400 kW power output options.
– Improved dry cable performance, reaching up to 500 A for more than 30 minutes, safely delivering high-power charging.
Intelligent Power distribution between charging sessions
– Simultaneous dual vehicle charging with two CCS2 cables.
– Dynamically allocates power load to charging sessions.
Great EV driver experience
– With Autocharge and multiple payment options.
– Flat touchscreen and new user interface that customizes the user journey to their needs.
Convenient for businesses
– Customizable branding options with paint or stickers.
– Easier installation process with a guiding 3D model and base plate.
– Front facing connectors reducing station footprint and allowing for more stations to be placed in busy on-the-go locations.
– Open integration for charging management software.