Citroen is continuing its 2020 electric offensive with New e-Jumper – 100% electric. This compact van is the 3rd electrified van and the 6th electric model launched in 2020 by the brand after Ami, C5 Aircross SUV Hybrid, New e-C4, e-Jumpy and e-SpaceTourer.
New Citroen e-Jumper – 100% electric offers all the advantages of the internal combustion version in terms of character, dimensions, useful volume and payload. This compact van’s move to electric means that the freedom to access low emission areas becomes possible, whilst allowing greater time between charges. It enhances comfort, thanks particularly to its driveability and zero noise, while helping to reduce the environmental footprint. Its high-quality construction is similar to Jumper and offers practical equipment for business users.
New e-Jumper offers all the qualities of the internal combustion version with the advantages of the electric engine, a range of up to 340 km and the possibility of charging the battery to 80% in 45 minutes. The useful volume of e-Jumper is the same as the internal combustion version’s one. With 17 m3 New e-Jumper is equipped with a single variable speed that not only facilitates driving but also optimises the efficiency of the electric motor and thus increases the driving range.
In addition, e-Jumper is equipped with an energy recovery system to control front and rear operation and the regenerative braking energy-recovery functions in certain phases. The energy is therefore recovered both when the accelerator is released and when the brake pedal is depressed.
On the outside, the electric version is distinguished by the charging flap on the front left wing within easy reach of the driver, as on the internal combustion version. The “e” monogram appears in front of “e-Jumper” on the right rear door and on the front wings.
Useful electrical information is displayed on the glass of the interior rear-view mirror, allowing the driver to see the following at a glance:
– The traction battery charge level as a percentage
– The gear engaged: Drive, Neutral, Reverse
– The current level (A), and voltage (V) of the traction battery
– The “Go green” indicator, which is displayed when the engine is started, and indicates that the engine is running
Citroen e-Jumper offers 2 driving ranges to choose from, making it the best in its category with the most powerful battery:
– 200 km (WLTP cycle) – available on L1, L2 body shapes – 37 kWh lithium-ion battery
– 340 km (WLTP cycle) – available on L2S, L3 and L4 chassis-cab body shapes – 70 kWh battery
– Private or public fast charge with a Wallbox fast-charging unit (3.7 to 22 kW) requiring a type 3 cable (supplied with the vehicle),
– Super-fast charge at public charging stations up to 50 kW with a type 4 cable already built into the station, Allows the 2 batteries to be charged to 80% in 1 hour
Citroen e-Jumper comes with an 8 m type 3 on-board cable that can go up to 22 kW.