Electrify America announced that it will be offering Level 2 electric vehicle home charger, reinforcing the company’s commitment to making EV ownership as convenient as possible.
Customers can purchase the Electrify America Electric Vehicle Home Charger on Amazon for $499 or through Electrify America’s website.
The Electrify America Electric Vehicle Home Charger is compatible with all electric vehicles available in the North American market today. It features a charging power of up to 7.6kW – about 6 times faster than the typical Level 1 charger provided to some new EV owners, depending on vehicle make and model.
The company plans to add a new home EV charging section within its mobile app, enabling users to manage their public and home charging sessions all in one place. In addition to tracking in-session charging, accessing a session summary and reviewing charge history, users who register the unit through the app will be able to monitor the charger’s status and track overall charging data.
Additional features of the Electrify America home charger include:
- Flexible installation options: For easy installation, the L2 home charger comes with a standard NEMA 14-50 supply power plug, compatible with the 240-volt outlets commonly found in households. The unit can also be hardwired by a licensed and qualified electrician and comes with a docking station that allows for wall-mounting.
- Indoors or outdoors: The home charger is equipped with a NEMA 3R enclosure, allowing it to be mounted inside or outside. A 24-foot long cable makes it easy to reach and plug into your car.
- Colored light that indicates charging status: An LED color indicator makes it easy to view charging status, with a ring around the charger that lights up blue while the car is charging and lights up green when the battery is full.
- Technology of the future: The home charger is equipped with Wi-Fi connectivity, which allows Electrify America to provide customers with even more data about their home charging sessions and will enable utility demand response programs in the future.
- Three-year warranty, 24-hour support: Electrify America offers a three-year warranty and 24-hour customer support.
- Easy installation: Electrify America is working with Qmerit, a company that specializes in EV charger installations across the country, to deliver a seamless installation experience. Customers can first visit Electrify America’s website to complete a survey about their home’s electrical capacity and installation needs, designed to streamline the in-home installation process. They will then be provided with as many as three competitive pricing quotes from pre-certified EV charging station installers in their area.