Toyota Prius Prime, the Plug-in hybrid variant of the Prius, gets many upgrades for 2020 and remains the most efficient Toyota hybrid and one of the best options to protect drivers from price hikes at the gas pump.
Available this summer, the Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) for the LE grade will be $27,600, the MSRP for XLE grade will be $29,500 and the MSRP for Limited grade will be $33,500.
With the power to run in either EV20 or hybrid driving modes, Prius Prime strikes a harmonious balance between necessity and desire.
New upgrades for 2020 include:
- New 5th seat for even more room
- Standard Apple CarPlay®, SiriusXM® and Amazon Alexa
- Two additional USB ports for the rear passengers
- Black interior accents to replace previous white accents for a more premium feel
- A new sun visor extender
- A relocation of seat heater buttons for front seat passengers for easier usability
- New grade strategy that offers LE, XLE and Limited Grades
Prius Prime is the most efficient Toyota hybrid yet. When the charge has run out, Prius Prime has a manufacturer-estimated 54 combined mpg.
Designed with intelligent tech, premium materials and thoughtful engineering, Prius Prime represents the next step of Toyota’s continuous quest to reach more efficient mobility with less range-anxiety—without compromise.
With its manufacturer-estimated 640-mile total driving range and 25-mile EV Mode20 driving range, Prius Prime continues to raise the efficiency bar to help challenge what’s possible. The powertrain is a Toyota first, thanks to a dual-motor drive system that improves acceleration in EV Mode for a fun drive.
Prius Prime is also great for commuters as its HOV-approved as a single-occupant green vehicle in some states such as California and New Jersey.