The display will include a lineup of the next-generation electric concept models including two-, three- and four-wheeled commuter vehicles designed for easy and fun mobility in future cities, mid-to-long distance commuters designed to enrich life and enhance the freedom and fun of mobility, and sporty models that pursue the joy of driving/riding.
Electric concept car models
• Small Sports EV Concept: A next-generation compact EV sports model, fun to drive while achieving excellent environmental performance.
• AC-X: A next generation plug-in hybrid vehicle offering a comfortable and enjoyable driving experience in urban and long-distance motoring. With the choices of an “engine drive mode” for more spirited driving or an “automatic drive mode” for more relaxed driving.
• Micro Commuter Concept: A micro-sized, futuristic, electric city commuter vehicle which will become a highly accessible form of mobility. It also features a HONDA MOTOR COMPO two-wheel EV slotted inside this vehicle.
Electric motorcycle concept models
• Motor Compo: A compact EV commuter which offers the casual and convenient mobility of a two-wheeler, but also strives to be useful even when it’s not being ridden. This model can be loaded in the MICRO COMMUTER CONCEPT, with the battery that drives this commuter detachable and designed to be used as a power source in everyday life.
• E-Canopy: A quiet and comfortable next-generation commuter developed by installing an EV system on Honda’s unique three-wheeled scooter. This vehicle can be utilised for business use such as a delivery service by adopting a rear trunk which can be built-in.
• RC-E: An EV version of a super sports bike that pursues the joy of riding. A powerful and smooth ride unique to an EV model is achieved with the 250cc-class compact body.
The 2011 Tokyo Motor Show will take place at Tokyo Big Sight from Saturday 3 December to Sunday 11 December 2011.[wzslider height=”400″ lightbox=”true”]