Smith Electric Vehicles has placed an order for 50 Enova 120 kW all-electric drive systems for the Smith Newton electric trucks.
This order follows two from earlier in the year, totaling 120 units year-to-date, and will be installed into the Smith Newton truck in Kansas City.
The order for 50 Enova 120kW drive systems is on track to culminate in a total order of over 250 by year end.
Smith Electric U.S. was recently awarded a $32 million grant by the U.S. Department of Energy which is being used to offset the cost of future vehicle development and to incentivize customers to participate in a vehicle demonstration program.
Powered by the Enova 120kW drive system, the Smith Newton electric trucks will provide a host of environmental and economical advantages for fleet operators and drivers. These include:
– Ease of use and significantly reduced maintenance requirements.
– 6 to 8-hour battery recharge achieved via a simple 220 volt outlet.
– Zero greenhouse gas emissions.
– Savings related to reduced fuel consumption.
– Ideal application for commercial trucks with depot-based drive cycles and stop-and-go driving conditions.
– Quiet, comfortable operation.