The Velite 5, Buick’s first extended-range electric vehicle, made its global debut in Shanghai Auto Show.
Equipped with GM’s latest intelligent electric drive system, the Buick Velite 5 offers up to 768 kilometers (477 miles) of range in extended-range mode. Its prioritized pure electric driving mode provides 116 kilometers (72 miles) of range, fulfilling consumers’ demand to commute with zero petroleum consumption and zero emissions.
The Velite 5 is the first hybrid vehicle manufactured in China with fuel consumption below 1.0 liter/100 kilometers. Its average fuel economy performance is as low as 0.9 liter/100 kilometers.
The Chevy Volt-based Velite 5 features GM’s proven EVT electronic controlled intelligent variable transmission. The system has a double high-performance, permanent-magnet electric motor drive unit. This supports its hybrid-exclusive 1.5L direct injection engine as well as its new-generation lithium battery pack.
Buick Velite 5 highlights:
– Power Split technology used in both pure electric and extended-range mode ensures that each power source contributes its fair share in different driving modes to maintain high energy efficiency and provide consistent driving performance.
– Multiple intelligent safety systems include adaptive cruise control (ACC), lane keep assist (LKA), automatic parking assist (APA) and high-beam assist (HBA). All trims come with 10 air bags as standard.
– Modern aestheticism and compact coupe styling blend with interior spaciousness to meet a range of user needs.
– Keyless entry and push-button start enhance convenience.
– A highly efficient automatic air-conditioning system filters out PM2.5 fine particulate matter and odors.
– A Bose premium sound system has eight speakers for acoustic pleasure.
– Next-generation OnStar telematics service is free of charge for five years. With 4G LTE, users can enjoy a range of safety and security, connectivity and mobility services.
– OnStar’s mobile app enables users to remotely monitor vehicle conditions, such as power level and charging status, and search for public charging facilities.
– An 8-inch high-definition touchscreen supports Bluetooth, voice recognition and Apple CarPlay, offering a safe high-speed connectivity experience for the driver and passengers.
With cumulative retail sales of more than 8 million units in China, Buick is committed to expanding its portfolio of new energy vehicles. Under the Buick Blue strategy, it will introduce additional new energy vehicles in China in the next two years, including hybrid electric vehicles, plug-in hybrid electric vehicles and pure electric vehicles.