The Lucid Air electric luxury sedan is now on sale in the US with a base price of $52,500, after the federal tax credit available to buyers of battery electric vehicles is subtracted.
A deposit of around $2500 secures one of the base Lucid Air examples, although a Launch Edition, with production limited to 255, is available with a $25,500 advance deposit.
The base model car will be well appointed and enjoyable to drive. It will provide superior comfort, a better user interface, and better performance than comparably priced BMWs and Mercedes-Benzes, California-based Lucid Motors said on Wednesday.
Features of the base Lucid Air include:
– 240-mile range
– 400 horsepower (rear-wheel drive)
– All hardware necessary for autonomous driving
– Huge interior space in an efficient package
– Two trunks, one in the front and one in the rear, with a combined storage capacity of over 32 cubic feet (similar to the volume of a 4-person hot tub)
– 12-way power front seats
– LED multi-lens array headlights
– Four screens, with interactive-touch surfaces on three
– 5-seat configuration with a rear bench seat
– 10 advanced airbags
– Aluminum roof
– 19-inch wheels
– 10-speaker audio system
– Over-the-air software updates
Above the base model, there will be a number of available options, as demonstrated by the Launch Edition show car, which will allow the Lucid Air to compete with the best of the large luxury cars.
Features of the fully loaded Lucid Air will include:
– 315-mile and 400-mile-range battery options
– Up to 1,000-horsepower twin-motor configuration, with all-wheel drive
– Fully active suspension, delivering a world-class ride
– Glass-canopy roof
– Rear executive seats that recline up to 55 degrees
– 22-way power front seats with heating, ventilation, dynamic bolsters, and massage
– 21-inch Lucid-design wheels
– 29-speaker audio system with active noise cancellation
– Expanded leather trim with corresponding material upgrades
The price of a fully loaded Air will be above $100,000, but we are not yet able to provide specific top-of-the-line pricing.
Lucid has received many questions related to the pricing and features for the 255 Launch Edition cars that will be the first customer cars off of the production line. These cars will be very well optioned as standard and will be priced over $100,000. Expect a 315-mile range, 1,000 horsepower, autonomous driving hardware, 21-inch wheels, and an upgraded audio system for starters. Some features, such as the rear executive seats, cannot yet be confirmed for early production. The Launch Edition cars will also have unique colors and badging, signifying their special nature.
The Lucid Air will be put into production in late 2018, with deliveries scheduled to begin soon after. Additional details will be announced closer to the start of production.